Harry Potter - the final book came out at midnight on Friday (a week ago Friday). Even though it was Mike's birthday, he went and got it. I went to bed, but he stayed up and started the book. Saturday morning I got up and put a few things out for a yard sale with the neighbors. I sold a few things and made $25. But Mike and I spent most of the day reading. We did do some quick cleanup, but we really didn't want too, we just wanted to read. In the evening, I took the kids to the stake celebration. Mike stayed home and read. The kids needed to run around to burn off some energy.
My mom was around and Sunday, after church (and some more reading) I took the kids to Park City. Mike got to stay home and finish the book. I got to read, but I also took the kids to play in the hot tub, and to eat some dinner with my mom (I made soup to take up there). Monday we chilled out and then came back home. We made two stops in Heber, I had yet to see my parents property (3 acres) and then we needed lunch - the Dairy Keen - Home of the Train is always a good stop with the kids. Once home, I was finally able to finish the book. It was good, and I am just in awe of J.K. Rowling. She is a very good writer. I totally thought the I had something figured out, but didn't.
Tuesday brought the traditional 24th of July stuff. The Mapleton Parade and playing at the park. Kevin has been so nice to host at his house recently. The parade route goes right in front of his home and it is a quick walk to the park. Also, he has a pool in the backyard that he lets us swim in. It's nice.
After that we stopped at Cassidy and Nate's house. It was at that point we said goodbye to mom. It's always good to see her.
Then home to nap, all of us. I knew with more festivities that night that I need a rest too to be happy.
Once Mike was home we went to his dad's side of the family party. It's a bring your own meat and something to share. Mike's family (both his parents sides) are big. He has many cousins that I still can't remember their names. But it is nice to see them. We usually only see them one time a year, so it is nice. The key was to get home at a reasonable hour with work the next day.

3 comments:
Harry Potter was great...now all we need is Eclipse :)
Sounds like fun festivities! That tongue picture is priceless!!
Looks like you guys had fun! Harry Potter did not disappoint! It's kind of sad now that it's over!
Post a Comment