Tuesday, July 10, 2007

4th of July Festivities

Well, the 4th of July came and went, and now I am finally blogging.

The 4th of July started for us on Tuesday. Mike's family came into town on Tuesday evening. Mike unfortunately made an error in his schedule (didn't schedule anyone to work/manage on Tuesday evening) so he came home for a few hours and then went back to work that evening and didn't play with his family. The worst was that he had to work the day of the 4th so didn't get to be with his family that day either.

We met up at the Provo - Veteran's Memorial Pool around 5:00 Tuesday. They recently created a new kiddie area, and it was great. The nice thing about this pool is that it is cheap, only $3 per person (PG is $4 and I think Scera is $6). It was fun. The only thing I disliked was the restrooms (and we were in there a lot - Emma and potty training), they need to do an overhaul of the bathrooms. But we had a great time; they have some fun water slides that I could take the kids on.

After swimming we went to the Marriott (all of Mike's family except for us and his brother Steve's family were staying there). We got some pizza and ate it out in the court yard. It was nice, but getting late. We left at about 9:00. Of course I took my camera, but I didn't get any pictures.

The next morning we talked about going to the Hot Air Balloons like last year, but Mike and I were both tired, and we weren't up for it. So, I left for the parade at a few minutes to 8:00 about the same time Mike went to work. Our spot for the parade was good, mostly shade. There wasn't as many of Mike's extended family at the parade this year. But my kids had a good time.

The kids with their favorite cousins, Brynn and Gavin.


Emma cheese'n.


Ashton sneakin' candy.


Me and Emma - taking the picture myself - can you tell.

After the parade we made a quick stop at home and then went to Mike's aunt's home in Alpine for lunch. They are so nice to let all of the extended family come. They have a tramp, and swing set, slip-n-slide, and a water rocket launcher. Their kids are grown, but they have lots of stuff for the grandkids. We left there at about 3:00 and came home to take a nap (me included).

Once Mike got home from work, we had dinner and then plotted to go to the city fireworks. But the kids weren't feeling great. We told them if they didn't eat dinner, we wouldn't go to the fireworks. We didn't go to the fireworks. We did have neighbors lighting off fireworks, and some sparklers, bottle rockets, and a few firecrackers. The kids thought it was good. Emma held one sparkler and said it was too hot (no pictures of Emma with sparkler, we were too slow).




Happy 4th!!!!

Oh, and by the way, Ashton was sick, we had a middle of the night incident (luckily, not in bed).

2 comments:

Melinda said...

Oh my goodness, that picture of Emma and her cheesy smile is the cutest thing EVER!

Missy said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun. I'll have to check out that pool down there in Provo. It looks fun!