
This weekend our family split into boys and girls. Mike took Ashton on a camping/fishing/hiking trip. They met up with the other boys in Mike's family (his dad, brothers and nephews). They met up on Friday night, and they found a camping spot and did dinner (Mike's mom, sisters, and some of the nieces came to this part). Mike, Andrew and Ashton were the first ones there, followed by Paul, Mindy and Abby (two of Mike's sister-in-laws and their baby girls camped out). Lastly, the rest of the family showed up. And at that point they started dinner, it was a late night. Mike said they did marshmallows before dinner because everyone was starved.

That night, both Ashton and Gavin asked to go to bed. That tells you how tired they were. The next morning was pretty laid back. They ate an easy breakfast and then the boys entertained themselves. Mike told Ashton if he got his shoes wet (aka got in the river) he couldn't go hiking. And low and behold, Ashton got in the river. At about 11:00 everyone started fishing. Ashton got to catch his first fish.

Ashton reeling it in.

Ashton running from the fish because it was getting too close.

Ashton with fish in hand getting ready to throw it back.
After fishing and lunch, Mike took Ashton home and held true to his word of not letting him hike. Ashton was devastated, he really wanted to hike, but it was 1:00 when they started, and Mike didn't want to get home really late. I guess it took them 6 hours to hike, so Mike was glad he ditched.
For the girls, Emma and I stayed home. Friday night I had a girls night. But I couldn't find a babysitter. So, Emma came with me for about an hour and a half. It was good to see the girls (I love girls night).
The next day, Emma and I went on a hike. She was so sad that daddy wouldn't take her, and she really wanted to hike - until we went hiking. She just wanted me to carry her. I had hoped to hike to a small waterfall in PG, but we only made it to where the water came (about 1/2 a mile). Oh well, it's good to try her out and see what she can accomplish. After Emma's nap, Emma and I went swimming.
It was a good weekend for all.
2 comments:
I loved seeing you at girls night!
That's quite the sight to see all those cute kids sitting in the dirt around the campfire! Sounds fun for all of you!
Post a Comment