Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Buglary, Soccer, Party, Blueberries, and Books

So, things continued to be busy for us. But things on Thursday were mostly interesting (I think the title gives it away). I got a call from my neighbor while I was at work. She told me that she had watched someone walk through her back yard, jump her fence and walk into our garage. She had called the cops and they had come but didn't find the right house, and he left my house and jumped some fences before the cops finally caught him. But that I needed to call the local police. So, I called and he asked if we had any IPod's and then asked for me to describe them. They were ours, and he asked if I would come down to get them. Mike and I had dropped off a car to be worked on that morning, so I didn't have a vehicle but if Mike couldn't come get me then, I could take my bosses car. So, I made the call to Mike. He came to get me and we went to the house first (the police office had asked us to come home and look around). We didn't find anything else missing, and it didn't look like he had touched anything (and there were some things out that should have been tempting if he would have looked a little bit). So, once at the station he gave us our IPod's back and then talked to us for a few minutes. He had a letter of apology from the thief, and then sent us off. Needles to say, we will be locking up more (and buying a keypad for our garage).

Later that night, Ashton had his first soccer practice. Mike and I split the kids and I took Ashton to practice and Mike to Emma to the store with him. Ashton had a good time and there are a total of six kids (including Ashton) on his team from the ward.

Friday night brought Mike's work party. They rented a pavilion, and the Provo pool. They didn't want the wait staff to serve at the party (they always have too) so they made the managers be in charge of the food (that included Mike). So, he couldn't go swimming with us. We ate and then went swimming. The kids did pretty good - except Emma kept swallowing too much water and it was making her sick. We only swam about an hour and then got cleaned up and said goodbye to Mike. He was on the clean-up crew as well. He worked about 12 hours that day. Oh, and Emma was my nemesis that day, we made a stop at Walmart and she had a break down in the parking lot when we got there. She cried the whole time we were in Walmart. I was not in a good mood that evening.

Saturday, Mike was working so, it was just me and the kids. I sent the kids outside while I did some cleaning. We can't keep them away from the blueberries, but today, many were ripe, so I came out and picked some with them.


Delicious.

Saturday also brought Ashton's first soccer game. I got video of it (but no pictures - hazard of being alone with two kids). So, for those of you who know how to put video on your blog, send me an e-mail about it. But he has 8 games, so I'll have more time to post pictures.

Over the weekend, I've been reading some more. The third book in the Twilight series comes out soon, and I wanted to reread them to be ready. So, I finished Twilight over the weekend. I'll be reading New Moon soon and next week I'm sure you'll hear about Eclipse.

4 comments:

Melinda said...

Oh my goodness that is terrifying about your house!

The Jackson 3 said...

What a great neighbor you have. That is awsome they were able to get him!

Those Blueberries look yummy

Missy said...

You are like the 3rd person that has blogged about Twilight. Looks like I'll be needing to read that one soon!
Glad you got your IPods back! That would make me nervous!

Elisa said...

Wow...it would give me the heebe geebies if I knew someone had been in my garage or home. So creepy,I am glad the punk was caught!