Friday, July 6 was date night for Mike and I. We traded with Brian and Emily (we had watched their kids the week before). We grabbed a quick dinner (Bajio) and then went to see Transformers. I really liked it. I thought they did a great job with the special effects and liked the story. I remember Transformers from when I was a kid, but don't remember any of the story line. I thought it was worth the $8.00.On Saturday Mike got to stay home. This will be a true blessing for our family. He worked in the yard most of the day, but for me it felt like I wasn't the only one doing something on my day off (I got to clean the house). We wanted to take the kids swimming, but they were so slow eating their lunch, that we didn't go. We put them down for a nap and continued on our projects. By evening, we were ready to do something fun, so we took them to see Ratatouille. The kids were slow eating dinner as well, but we weren't ready to sacrifice the movie for them eating slow, so we sacrificed the popcorn. If they didn't finish their dinner, then we weren't buying popcorn or bringing anything (drinks included) to the movie.
Anyway, the movie was good. Emma still doesn't sit very well through a movie. She gets bored. Ashton on the other hand did great in terms of sitting, he just tends to talk a lot and very loud. But with those kids of movies, you know that there are tons of other parents there who are sympathetic. We ended up taking Emma out three times. And one additional time before the movie started so she could go potty. I'm glad she is potty training, but sometimes it is a pain!!!
Tuesday was the best day of all though. We got to see Harry Potter at 4:00 in the afternoon, when most people were seeing it the next day or at midnight. Mike and I recently re-read books 5 and 6 so that we would be ready for the new movie and for book 7. The movie was great. The special effects were awesome, and I just loved some of the new characters. Umbridge and Luna Lovegood didn't look quite how I wanted them to look, but they both did an amazing job playing their rolls. You just hated Umbridge by the end and Luna you felt really was Looney. It was great. Now, we just want to see it again!!!

2 comments:
WOW! The last thing I saw was "The Last Mimzy". But I'm SO excited to see Harry Potter! Lucky!
Thank you so much for the tickets to Harry Potter!
Post a Comment