Friday, March 30, 2007

4th Weekend in March

We're keeping busy. I spent last Friday mostly trying to get caught up at home, I ran lots of laundry.

Last Friday was also Andrew's birthday. So, when Mike got home from work we drove up to Bountiful to celebrate his birthday. Helene had cooked a great dinner, and we had fun just hanging out. Helene had also made strawberry pie for dessert. It was yummy!!


Here are the girls all dressed up and squished into the treasure chest.


Ashton and Gavin playing cars in the bathtub - that's reasonable, right?


Andrew and Daniel. Need we say more?

That night just before we left, Helene and I decided to do a kid swap. I left Ashton at their house and Brynn came home with us. It actually worked out well. We both had issues getting them to sleep (we expected that). But the next morning the kids played really well. Helene and I meet up at about noon at 106th South. It was good, and we both said we would be willing to do it again.

I had to get my kids home and have them take a nap. Mike and I had date night that Saturday night (we've been swapping babysitting with the neighbors). But Ashton fell asleep in the car for about 10 minutes and once we were home, never went down again. Emma was able to take a nap once we got home.

That night, Mike and I went out to dinner. We had to wait an hour to eat at Outback, so we didn't do much after dinner, in fact we got the kids about 15 minutes early (pick up time is around 9:00). We've really enjoyed having date night.

Sunday brought church at 8:30, and Mike had to do some home teaching. Our big news was that Cassidy and Nate made an appearance. They just stopped to say hi. It was good to see them.

3 comments:

Elisa said...

So fun to see Andrew and Helene's kids. I love seeing who the kids look like in families. Their little boy looks like Helene but the new baby looks all Andrew.

The Jackson 3 said...

Cars in the bathtub sound fun! I think its very reasonable and a great idea.

Melinda said...

We love date night too!!!