there to pick them up (I didn't get home till after 8:00 p.m.) So, it was a hard week on the family.
My trip to Vegas wasn't too bad. I got to the hotel before check-in and my room wasn't ready yet. So, I went to check into the conference, had lunch and then attended the opening session. The opening session began with a Cirque du Soleil style show. It was really weird for an education conference to have that type of show. Then it was followed by a presentation from the creator of Dilbert - Scott Adams.
After that I was able to get into my room, and then I went to lay by the pool for about an hour. I did dinner that night with four other women from UVSC. But before dinner we went shopping. One of the ladies had not packed the best shoes, so we headed to the outlets to solve that problem. I ended up buying a pair of shoes for me, and one for each of the kids. That night we ate out at In-N-Out Burger.
The next day was full of meetings. I have to say that the hotel/conference center at the Mandalay Bay was amazing at serving 5000 plus people for lunch. It was amazing. That night, again I headed out with the ladies. Our first stop was the M&M shop. Four floors of chocolate fun.
Then we wandered to the Bellagio for dinner. The buffet was $30 but it was amazing. They also had an amazing display. The ceiling of the lobby was covered in glass blown flowers. It was beautiful, the picture just doesn't do it justice.
Then just off the lobby they had the most beautiful room full of flowers, a pond, and a butterfly house. They made a snail out of roses, and flower pots with flowers up the pot and a big glass blown flower coming out of it. It was just gorgeous.
Wednesday brought more meetings. That night the women I had been eating with went to the temple. I didn't bring my recommend, so I didn't go. I went to eat dinner at the House of Blues. They have a delicious steak salad. Because I was alone, I was eating at the bar. While eating, people were talking about attending the concert that night (hosted by the House of Blues). These two guys from Canada were there to see this concert. They swore it was the best band. I guess the band The Tragically Hip sell out concerts all over Canada. They are huge there. These people were just ecstatic to get to see them in such a small venue and for so cheap, the tickets were only $35. These two guys had bought three tickets and offered me one. So, I ended up going to a concert that night. It was a really fun show. I'll have to download some of their music.
Thursday was a busy day. I had to be packed by 8:00 and out of my room. I attended 2 1/2 session that morning then caught a shuttle to the airport. I spent plenty of time at the airport. I got into Utah at 6:45 and had to wait until 7:30 till I could take a shuttle home.
It sure is good to be home.

2 comments:
In-N-Out Burger?! I'm drooling!
MMMMMM. In and Out Burger!!!!
Post a Comment