Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Missed Story


(This is Ashton's 4 year old picture)

So, while we were sick, I have a great potty training story about Ashton I forgot to share.

So, Ashton went in to go to the bathroom and when Ashton's done, I usually go in to check on him. While checking on him, I noticed that all of the toilet paper in the really full trash can (because we were all sick) looked yellow. So, the conversation goes as follows:
Andrea: Ashton, did you pee in the trash can? (loud angry tone from mom)
Ashton: Yes.
Andrea: Ashton, do we pee in the trash can?
Ashton: No. (by the tone in my voice, he knew the answer was no)
Ashton: Why, don't we pee in the trash, mommy? (he knew the answer was no, but he didn't know why)
Andrea: Because the trash can is for trash, and the potty is for pee.
Ashton: Oh.

So, on occasion, he will state, while in the bathroom, "We don't pee in the trash, Mommy, we pee in the potty".

3 comments:

Elisa said...

What a handsome guy! Where do you like to go get the kids pictures taken? I have done Target but am not sold on it...I don't like the little box of a room where the pictures are taken, I think it freaks the kids out.

Andrea B. said...

I have my kid's pictures taken at JC Penny's. It's not great, but I usually get one or two I like and I can get pictures for around $30.

The Jackson 3 said...

That is a great picture. He looks like a little adult already!