This was fun, so if you haven't done it, you should try.
I had hoped to post this while I was in Vegas, but my internet connection wasn't good, so I didn't even try.
Enjoy!!
1. I did not have a middle name until I was married (and I loved not having a middle name).
2. My parents thought about naming me Jennifer (my mom didn’t remember but it was in my Grandma Bringhurst’s journal). I’m glad they didn’t, I’m not a Jennifer.
3. My parents also talked about naming me Alexandrea and as a child I felt ripped off. That was always my make believe name.
4. My parents had intended to have my nick name be Andy, but they never called me Andy, and only a few friends in Jr. High and High School did.
5. A few of my nicknames: Anra – courtesy of Cassidy; Anda-panda-bear – courtesy of my Uncle Ryan; Anne – I only let Grandma Bringhurst, Mike and Nicolle Taylor call me this.
6. I loved not having a common name (there were hardly any Andrea’s while I was growing up). I feel bad that we could not do the same thing for Emma – here name has been number one on the baby name list in 2003, 2004, 2005, and 2006.
7. I have had stitches three times – eyebrow, knee, and lip.
8. My parents were out of town while I had to get stitches in my knee (I was staying with my dad’s sister Terry and Steven).
9. My parents were also out of town while I had the chicken pox. What kind of parents were they?
10. I only have 1 sibling – a sister that is 6 years younger than me.
11. I am almost as close in age to my uncle, Ryan, (my mom’s youngest brother) 6 years and a few months.
12. I share a birthday with my cousin Dylan – I’m 19 years older.
13. I share a birthday with my first cousin once removed (my mom’s cousin), Kristy – I’m 1 year older.
14. I was 10 days late, sorry mom.
15. I’ve had two C-sections – so add that to my list of stitches.
16. Ashton was five days late, and I had Pitocin for 12 hours before he was delivered via emergency C-section.
17. Emma was a scheduled C-section on her due date.
18. I’ve only broke one bone – a big toe.
19. I at one point had my ears pierced 6 times (four on the left, and 2 on the right).
20. My mom went with me and we both got our ears pierced with the 3rd hole.
21. I have cousins the same age as Ashton and Emma (Kylee is 10 months older than Ashton, Cameron is 2 months younger than Ashton, Laryn is 1 yr younger than Ashton and hence 9 months older than Emma).
22. Mike and I waited 5 years before we had kids (by choice).
23. I will forever stick by the statement that Emma was an accident.
24. I’ve never been to anywhere in South America.
25. I have been to Canada.
26. I started kindergarten when I was 4.
27. I was one of the youngest kids in my high school class.
28. I couldn’t drive until November of my junior year.
29. I graduated from High School at 17.
30. I graduated with my Associate’s degree from CEU one year later (age 18).
31. I had my Bachelor’s degree from UVSC 2 ½ years after I graduated from high school (Dec. 1998 - age 20).
32. I received a Master’s degree (MBA) from USU at age 23 (April 2001).
33. I was married at 19.
34. I was 25 when I had my first baby.
35. I was 26 when I had my second baby.
36. It took us 5 years of marriage to be able to buy a house (July 2002).
37. We bought a 5 bedroom house with no children (we were expecting, but no one knew).
38. I found out I was pregnant with Ashton the day we flew to Hawaii.
39. I have been the Young Women’s President twice already (before the age of 30).
40. Of all my married church callings (9 years) I served in YW 6 years, primary 6 months, and ward activities 6 months.
41. I am a parent pleaser. To this day, I want to make my parents proud. I still care what they think.
42. I’ve never had a job other than working at a college.
43. It wasn’t until I went away to college that I got my first job not for my dad.
44. I’m a total chicken when it comes to jobs. I took the job at UVSC once I graduated with my bachelor’s degree because it was safe.
45. I don’t have any house plants in my house because I can’t keep them alive.
46. I don’t own any make-up (period).
47. I threw it out when we bought our house (July 2002) and haven’t needed any since.
48. The first time I voted I got to vote for my dad – he was running for city council.
49. I hate to sweep and I have hard wood floors everywhere upstairs (other than bedrooms and bathrooms), what was I thinking.
50. I was never one of those girls who wanted to be a mom when I grew up. Not that I didn’t want to be one, just that wasn’t what job I wanted.
51. I wanted to fly an airplane when I was in Junior High.
52. I wanted to work in a hotel when I was in High School – funny that Mike is doing that, and I’m not.
53. I still know the Mount Harmon Jr. High fight song.
54. I can’t remember Carbon High’s fight song.
55. I ran a 5 k last summer.
56. I ran track in high school.
57. I was a major debate geek in High school.
58. I got to go to the national debate tournament my senior year of high school in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
59. That also counted as my graduation trip.
60. I placed in a state wide Oratory contest while in high school and earned a cash reward.
61. In college I did PBL (college version of FBLA – Future Business Leaders of America). I got to go to nationals in Orlando in Public Speaking, and Chicago in Impromptu Speaking.
62. In college I did DEX (college version of DECA – a marketing club). I got to go to nationals in Denver and in Orlando in Marketing Management.
63. I couldn’t do the above clubs in high school because I wasn’t in any high school business or marketing classes (I was taking them in college, but that didn’t count).
64. My dad was a high school debate coach hence why I did debate (remember, I’m a parent pleaser).
65. I’m writing this list instead of working.
66. Some of my friends from high school married boys I dated.
67. It was really weird to talk about whose husbands I had dated at my first baby shower.
68. As a child I used to bite my fingernails – now I don’t and I love to grow my nails out long (Mike hates it).
69. Anyone who knew Mike, and new me before we dated would have never put us together, we’re very different.
70. Mike is four years older than me.
71. I have made Mike hate the band Tears for Fears (go me!!!).
72. Guster is my favorite band.
73. In my early teen years I affectionately referred to Price as “Slut City”.
74. But I really enjoyed going to high school in Price.
75. When we were first married, we wanted to move back to Price.
76. Now, we would never move back to Price.
77. I like to wait at least 18 weeks before I tell anyone I’m pregnant – just for fun.
78. I don’t know how to read music.
79. I want to learn to play the piano, violin or have voice lessons (Mike thinks that’s really funny).
80. I love Edward Cullin (a lead character in the book Twilight – it’s a must read!!)!!!
81. I played Junior High Basketball – I was third string. I didn’t tryout for the high school team.
82. When I was 11 I was on a Junior Jazz team in Orem – a girl’s league (high participation). When we moved to Price I played on a Junior Jazz team at age 12 and was one of only 2 girls in an all boys league.
83. I used to get my hair permed all the time. I don’t think I’ve had a perm for 6 or 7 plus years.
84. I had super short hair for about a year (about 2 inches long all the way around).
85. I found my first gray hair at age 16.
86. I keep my hair highlighted to hide my gray hair.
87. I live within 10 minutes of 3 girls from my home ward (I live in the middle, we all live within 20 minutes of each other. Diana Nielson lives in Orem, I live in PG, Julia Lloyd lives in Lehi, and Heather Harrison lives in Highland).
88. Luckily, I never dated any of these girl’s husbands.
89. I have never had braces, but Mike and Cassidy have.
90. I have never worn contacts or glasses – although I could wear glasses if I wanted to.
91. I have a terrible habit of popping my knuckles.
92. I am not a pet person.
93. I grew up not really having pets, especially after I got older.
94. I had a cat named Breezy (my parents named it Buster, but a two-year old saying Buster comes out like bastard – not good).
95. I had a dog named Cheeto for about a week.
96. Most of my family vacations were to St. George and Park City.
97. I never really camped much with my parents. They are not the camping type.
98. I do lots of camping with my (except not tons now that we have kids and no truck or SUV).
99. Both my kids have blue eyes and Mike and I don’t.
100. I am a red personality (for those of you who know color code).
Friday, March 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I never knew half of those things about you. We were not that geeky in high school due to the debate team....
I love learning all this about you...so fun!
Post a Comment