Monday, February 26, 2007

Sick

I've totally avoided blogging the last little bit, because our lives have been consumed by illness, and it just didn't sound like fun to blog about.

I started feeling sick Wednesday, Feb. 14, Valentines Day, and successfully held it off until Saturday afternoon. At that point it wasn't even bad. I mostly just wanted to lay around and not work (but I wasn't really sick). I got a sub for my Sunday School class for Sunday and we all stayed home - because Mike started feeling sick on Sunday.

Monday was a holiday. It was supposed to be a project day, since the only day's Mike and I have home together are Sunday's. But Monday turned out to be my sickest day. I was plagued with a fever all day. The only thing I could do to control it was nap. I napped three times that day.

Emma was sick on Tuesday, and Ashton got it on Wednesday. I was home on Tuesday anyway, because it is a day I usually work from home. Then I stayed home with the kids on Wednesday. Mike stayed home with the kids on Thursday (he had Thursday off because he had worked Sunday evening). And then I was home on Friday with the kids.


It has been so weird being this sick. I think I have taken a nap almost everyday for a week. I hardly ever nap. It has been interesting to watch the kids be sick this week. Emma has been so clingy and ready to break down at any minute. She throws fits over the silliest of things. And she's cuddly, when she so usually isn't. The kids constantly piled on my lap this week. Anytime I sat, there they were hoping to take a piece of my lap. I guess I should say it is good to be loved.


And somewhere mixed in between all the illness we did catch Ashton in good form. With great bed head, a pencil behind his ear, and a favorite toy (a tape measure, dutifully named "Stretch" thanks to Handy Manny).

1 comment:

Elisa said...

I keep expecting all this flu to go away, but so many little kids I know have just gotten it recently. There is some yucky stuff flying around. Come on Spring...get rid of this stuff! At least you get to cuddle.