Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Family Christmas Party

Each year we have a family Christmas party with my Grandma's sister's and all their families, so in other words, a really big Christmas party.  We have dinner, let the kids run around, and then Santa comes.  The same Santa has been coming to this party for many, many years.  In fact, I think he's the same Santa that came when I was a kid, and yes, I went to this party when I was a kid, so we've been having this party for a long time.

The tradition is, you sit on Santa's lap, tell him what you want and then get a present.  Mike was at work that day, so I was video tapping and family members took pictures for me (thanks Mom, Cass, and Julie).  I didn't get a picture of the kids and their gifts (I was nursing), but they liked them, and had a good night.  Ashton got a Nerf gun and Emma got a Strawberry Shortcake Doll.  Elina didn't even get to open her present that night, but she got an Elephant. 


 Emma asked for a computer, special keys (I still don't know what that means), and an IPod.



Ashton asked for an XBox 360 (Mike and I have no idea where that came from).


 As for Elina, I was ecstatic that she didn't cry (she's such a mama's girl) but she loved Santa's beard and his jingle bells.

1 comment:

Melinda said...

I must comment on Elina's dress...it looks SO cute!!!