Sunday, December 13, 2009

Mike's First Tri

Mike did his first Triathlon the first weekend in Nov.  It was the Telos Tri.  I was so proud of him.  The great news was that the weather was good.  The bad news is, it was still cold.  The good news, the swim was last, the bad news, there were hills on both the bike and the run.  The good news the swim was an indoor pool swim, the bad news there were tons of participants.

The morning of the race, Mike went over early.  I stayed home and got the kids ready to drive to support him.  We first got to see him on the run.  I struggled to find him, and then struggled with the camera, so we drove and caught him on the back side.



Then we drove back to our original spot to catch him on the bike.  They did two loops on the bike.


Mike on loop 1 passing people.


 Mike on loop 2, about to pass people.

I did get pictures of the swim, but not very good ones.  The observation area had glass and the flash was on.  But we were able to find him and watch him finish.  Tell you what, it's hard to try and pick out someone while there swimming that far away, and when they are almost all in black.


 

Way to go Mike, you did it!!! 1 hour 17 minutes, you rock!




1 comment:

Becky said...

Awesome! This fall Jeff and I started doing 5k's. He wants to do a marathon next year.