Sunday, December 13, 2009

Halloween

Alright, this is my true Halloween post.  There are some stories, and additional things that we did, so I have to publish a little bit more about Halloween.

So, I had some serious mommy guilt revolving around Halloween.  Mike had the opportunity to work from 8-5 on Friday day, so he did, but I couldn't bring myself to let the sitter come and take care of Emma's preschool stuff, so, I stayed home that day.


I got Ashton off to school as Captian Jack Sparrow (no make-up for school). Ashton's school did a parade, but I didn't go (Elina makes things complicated).

Then I got Emma ready, and took her to school.  They did a parade the last 15 minutes of class - Elina and I made an appearance for that.  Emma looked so happy, and had fun with her friend Kennedy.


 
 

Then Emma, Elina, and I went to my potluck lunch at work.  It was nice and Emma had a good time showing off her costume.

That night, we picked up Mike after work and headed to Bountiful to a party at Bill and Becca's house.  It was nice to get to see them since we hardly ever do.


 Their family loves Halloween and goes all out.  The kids had such a great time, that I didn't ever see them to take a picture.  It was so nice to see Bill and Becca and their kids (this was the first time that we got to see Ruby, she's a year old).  And then Helene and her kids were there too.



My kids love to play with their cousins.  And Daniel is so cute.  He has the cutest little voice.

On Saturday, Mike had to work, and we had been busy all week, but I wanted to still carve pumpkins, so me and the kids went and bought pumpkins and carved them.  Let me tell you, we really needed Mike.  I did a terrible job carving.  Cleanings a pain, but really, I'm not a good carver.  Good thing the kids are forgiving.  They were mostly happy just to have jack-o-lanterns. 



Ashton did a good job taking this picture.

That night, Mike was home in time to help me get the kids ready to go to the trunk-or-treat at the church. 



So, here's the best part of the story, 1) I did not have any make-up to do Ashton's beard and eye-liner that day, I had to go and buy some; 2) Mike was the one who applied it.

Hope you all had a Happy Halloween!

1 comment:

Melinda said...

You are a wonderful Mommy...ignore the guilt! And, I love that you had to buy eyeliner beautiful lady!!