Sunday, November 29, 2009

The Bike Ride - Tour de St. George

So, getting back into October (I'm so far behind), we spent the Fall Break in St. George.  It was mostly for Mike and me, but the kids still love to visit grandma and grandad.  Mike and I did the 65 mile ride for the Tour de St. George.  The other option was 35 miles and we both knew that would be no problem; we wanted something a little more challenging.  Or 100 miles and we weren't prepared for that.  So 65 it was.  We start in St. George and rode through Washington and around Sand Hollow and through Hurricane, and toward the freeway along the frontage road through Leeds, and then back into Washington and finally into downtown St. George.  Mike and I had a great time.  Mom brought Elina out to the second stop so that I could feed her (thanks mom).


This is Mike and I at the second stop in Hurricane.  It took a little long to feed the baby, sorry Mike, I had to do something.

Anyway, the ride was really fun.  It took a little longer than we thought - the feeding and then the whole fiasco at the end.  See, Mike and I were to be "riding together" which I found out means riding like we ski - Mike goes ahead and then waits for me; which is fine.  So, after the last rest stop, Mike speeds ahead of me.  I'm trying to keep up (by this time I'm really tired, if the last 10 miles weren't so easy, I think I would have been done).  So, in my quickness to catch up, I'm not paying attention and I miss the turn (I know how to get back, but they changed the route and I wasn't paying attention).  So, Mike stops to wait for me about 10 feet before I cut back into the correct route - hence I miss him.  He was being nice and waiting to finish the race with me.  All along, I think I'm racing to try and catch up to him.  I finish the race, and he's nowhere to be found.  He thinks I've gotten a flat, I think he's been hit by a car.  I have the only cell phone, we have no communication.  He waits for me, then heads back looking for me, then finally realizes that I missed the route, and comes in.  I get in my car to go looking for him.  Ohhhh!  Well, that cost us an extra hour - whoops! 

But we still had a great time.



I can't for the life of me remember what else we did that weekend.  I'm sure we swam.  And from the pictures below, we had a good time hanging out.

It's always nice to visit St. George.  Thanks mom and dad for watching the kids and putting up with us.





2 comments:

Andrea - said...

Woot!

Becky said...

Wow that is awesome!!