Sunday, May 03, 2009

Baby Elina Week One

Wow, so much has happened, I don't know that I can get everything in, but I will try. So, to start things off, right before we had the baby, we took on a major home project. It in the end looks like a misunderstanding. I thought a guy was coming to put in the floor for our new shower (remove the tub and just have a big shower), in the end, he did not. So, the night before we went to the hospital, Mike and his dad moved the tub out of our master bath (it's still in our front room). And Mike spent a good deal of time while I was at the hospital working on the floor for our shower in the master bath.

We had to be at the hospital at 5:30 on Friday morning. Mike's parents stayed with us the night before so they could help with the kids. This is the last picture of me pregnant.


The C-Section went really well. This is us proud parents with our babe before she headed off to the nursery. She needed C-PAF(? - air pushed into her lungs), and an IV (fluids to help her pink up).


Once back in the room and down to the mother baby floor, Emma demanded to come visit. She was so excited to see the baby, but was only excited for a few minutes, and then didn't really want to hold her. Ashton (and Emma) got to come visit after kindergarten. He made sure he checked on me, and then promptly asked to hold the baby. Just like Emma, the luster was lost quickly.



Mike's sisters Helene and Kari both came to visit. Kari had the privileged of being there while I was ill (I didn't do very well that day keeping my liquids down). That night, Emma went to Helene's house to play with Brynn, and Ashton went with his cousin Gavin down to Price with Mike's parents. Later that day, my sis and her hubby and son came. Her 4 month old looks huge compared to Elina.


By Saturday I was feeling much better. I kept my liquids down and got upgraded to some regular food. I had a visit from some good friends. During these first couple of days, Mike was running home and working on the shower (mostly pouring concrete). He stayed at the hospital the first night, but he didn't stay any other nights.

On Sunday, Mike's sister Neena and her family came by, and Kari came back for a minute (mostly to meet Neena). Neena loved holding the baby, but the rest of the family was nervous (Megan the youngest was first to hold). My mom came in town on Sunday, but didn't stop by. My grandma was going into the hospital on Monday morning (for possible open heart surgery) and so, my mom wanted to visit with her. I also got to see Dilee on Sunday, she had her baby on Saturday.


On Monday, I got to leave the hospital. My mom and sister came and then Mike came to help us leave. We got her dressed in her new outfit and took her home.


That night I gave Elina a bath. She is just so cute.


My mom didn't come stay until Wednesday. My grandma had open heart surgery on Tuesday (she was in the ICU until Saturday). Mike was home from work until Tuesday, and the kids came back on Tuesday night. Tuesday was a great day (Mike cooked steak for dinner), and it was a nice quite day.


The rest of the week, well, it just blurs together. On Friday, my mom and I took the kids to fly kites, and then took them to the Discovery Park. And yesterday, Mike tiled for 12 hours, trying to finish the master bath/shower.






I can't believe how big Emma is compared to Elina!

14 comments:

Kikal said...

She has THE cutest little face...and what a first week! Tiling the bathroom, what a mess! One day you can look back and laugh :)

Rob said...

I'M SORRY, I'M slow...how are you pronouncing her name? She is adorable! =Diedre Gray

Kristin said...

Nothing like a new baby to make your second youngest look so much older. Congrats again! Elina is a beautiful name.

Unknown said...

I am so glad to hear that things went well and that you are all healthy and well. We are sorry to hear about your big shower project. Sam said to ask if you need any help but it sounds like it may all be done. If there is anything you need just let us know. We'd be happy to help if we can.

Get some rest!

Marenda

Andrea - said...

What a darling family!!! You are very ambitious and I can't believe that you've already been outside already! What a trooper!

Karyn said...

I really like that hospital photo of Mike, Elina, and you. Emma does look way bigger than Elina, but Elina will be that big someday. Probably too fast. What a crazy project to take on the day before going to the hospital. I hope Mike gets it done soon!

Cass said...

she is so cute, we love her so much. you are really lucky to have such a good baby. we'll hopefully get over there soon. I can't wait to hold her again.

Melinda said...

What a pain about the bathroom! I love the pictures of Elina. I'm aching to come see her again; let me help you in some way so I have an excuse to say hello to both of you!

Cynthia said...

She is cute. She has so much hair! Love the pictures.

Missy said...

WOW! What a busy first week! I'm sure it was a blur!
She's a doll! Love her hair and cute name too! Now, slow down!

Sonja said...

So cute! Congratulations.

L. Smith said...

I'm so happy for you! She's darling and looks just like the family! I love her blonde hair! Glad all went well, hope the bath tub situation is under control by now!

Leisa, Cory and Suzie Galloway said...

You have such cute babies and they all look so much alike at birth! Being a fan of patterns, I love that Elina starts with an "E" like Emma. It's a cute name and I'm sure it will fit her. I can't believe how much you did (remodeling) right up until going to the hospital and how soon you were up and running again.

Jewel said...

It's so great to see you and Cass with your babes.