Monday, May 18, 2009

Three Weeks

I have now survived three weeks of a newborn. Today probably isn't the day to talk about it (it's been a rough day). But all in all, things are going okay. Things are definitely different, and hard, but they are good too.

Elina is so sweet, and it's fun to see her react to your voice (to recognize me and my voice). Mike caught some pictures of her smiling in her sleep the other day.


On Thursday Mike cut Ashton's hair and left a mohawk in it. Ashton (and Mike) thought it was so cool. Mike even did it all spiky for school on Friday.



Ashton had a pet show on Friday, and Emma and I showed up with the fish so he could show his pet to his class. Of course we had a discussion with his teachers about his hair. He was so proud that his dad did his hair.


But, being the mean mother that I am, I cut off his mohawk on Sunday morning before church.

On Saturday I took the kids out to Mapleton to visit my grandparents. My grandma had open heart surgery 3 days after I had Elina, so they hadn't seen her yet. I had my camera and was going to take a picture, but grandma had curlers in her hair and asked me not to.

Later we went over to Ryan and Julie's for dinner (and to see the baby, they hadn't seen her yet either). The kids had a great time playing!! And it was nice to hang out and visit. Cass, Nate and Bridger came too. Mike came out after work.

6 comments:

Nate said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nate said...

I am jealous of Ashton's due! I am wondering if I could pull that off, and if Cass would kill me for it. Ashton is lucky to have such a cool dad.

Melinda said...

Ashton's hair is cool, but I think you did the right thing! And, Elina is so beautiful!

The Jackson 3 said...

I love his hair! I cant believe how long it is. I would have cut it off too. Elina is so beautiful! Love the smile picture.

Kristin said...

That is why I cut the hair in our family. You are a good sport to have let him wear it to school.
Tim said Elina is sure a cute baby. I look forward to seeing her some day.

Jewel said...

Elina has such a cute face. Congrats!