Mike and I went out to dinner on Friday night as well. That was really nice! We ate at Carrabba's. We had to wait an hour to get into the restaurant (that's a pain) but the food was good, and it was a nice time out (we're trying to get some of those things in before we have the baby).
On Saturday Mike had to work. So, I spent the day home with the kids watching conference. Because Saturday is my only cleaning day, I did some cleaning during the first session of conference (but the TV was on nice and loud!). I let kids play during the morning session and made them watch afternoon session with me. They did pretty well and watched the first hour (it helped that we were sustaining people, and the kids had the joy of raising their hand every few minutes). During the second hour, they colored. It's funny to have Emma color because she does it so quickly and is ready to be done. Ashton on the other hand is at the point where he tries really hard to color his picture well.
On Saturday Mike got brave and told his boss he wouldn't continue to work every Sunday, and that he needed this Sunday (conference) or next Sunday (Easter) off. He got this Sunday off.
It was so nice to have Mike home on Sunday. I made Norwegian Pancakes for breakfast (Mike and Emma's favorite). As a family, we watched the first session of conference. The kids played with Legos (note to self - digging through Lego's is not a quite conference activity). We also watched the second session of conference as a family, but it was much harder to hold everyone's attention. The kids did play with Legos again. We distracted Emma for a few minutes (not long enough) by letting her play hair/makeup on us. Mike and I both spent some time checking out some of the kids' baby pictures on the computer. The good news is, there was no sleeping (I think that is a first for our family. Amazing! Anyway, it was good to here from the prophets and apostles (but I will have to do some reviewing in the Ensign).
Monday brought more Gavin and Brynn and some Grandma too. Helene was coming up to meet with some friends, and dropped the kids by. For whatever reason Mike's mom came to (I think they didn't want to put too much pressure on Mike to babysit). Because the older kids just played really well together, Mike was able to do a few projects. Mike worked on the hitch for the Honda (and with the right tools, got it installed quickly) and bought a trailer.
Ah - it's nice to have a good weekend!

4 comments:
Your hair looks FABULOUS!
I like your hair too! I totally understand the having to reread Conference because the kids were distracting. I am going to have to do the same thing. My kids did pretty well listening too, but 8 hours is a lot of listening for little kids!
Yup! Great hair!
I'm impressed that both your kids were even in the room with conference on! We were lucky to have Brinley (we didn't even bother with Cambree) listen to 2 talks!
How can you fall asleep when someone is playing "hair and make-up" on you?
Post a Comment