Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter Weekend

Earlier this week, we took a few minutes (and I really mean a few) to color Easter Eggs. Since the kids were sick earlier this week (Strep) I changed my work schedule and was home on Thursday. So, on Thursday night we colored eggs. Emma is the person who eats eggs the most. So, we only colored 9 eggs so that we weren't too wasteful. Each of the kids got to color 4 and then Mike colored the last one. It's great to know that coloring eggs is an easy way to hold the kids attention.

Kids coloring the eggs before they dyed them

Friday was an interesting day. I was at work, but had a reason to go to Salt Lake City. For Gavin and Brynn's Birthday's, Helene said they could have sleepovers with cousins. She decided to have it on Friday night. So, I offered to run the kids to Salt Lake for my stuff and Helene could meet me there and take my kids for the night. Hunter was also invited to the sleepover, so I picked him up on my way to Salt Lake City. Like usual, I ran a little late. In the end I made it to my event, but missed the person I hoped to see - oh well. All I have to say is "Thank you Helene". It was so nice to not have the kids!

Once home, I was looking forward to a night of fun with the hubby, but to no avail, we had a ward activity that night, and we're on the activities committee. Mike was at work, so I attended the first hour alone. And then stayed to do some clean up. The activity went well. And I even got to leave before everything was cleaned up to spend some time with Mike. We had hoped to get some shopping in, but by the time I got home, it was too late. So, we cleaned the rocking chair, had a smoothie, and enjoyed the easy going night.

Saturday morning brought Mike working. I got to sleep in (until 9:00 or so). Then I began cleaning the house. I figured I better get something done with the kids gone. I swept the kitchen. I cleaned the main bathroom. Then I got ready for the day. Next, I met Mike at Costco to buy a shelving unit (Shelf Reliance), and finally made a trip to the grocery store. Once I was putting away the groceries and getting ready for lunch Helene called and said they were nearly ready to go. I met up with Helene at Kari's house.

The kids had a great time. They were up super late (boys until 1:30 and Emma until midnight). They got to go on an Easter Egg hunt at the grocery store on Saturday morning, and Helene let them each color 6 eggs. Then the kids got to play at Kari's house while we chatted. They had a great day.

On Sunday, Mike got to go into work a little later than normal, so that was nice. It was also nice that the kids slept in a little bit. It was 8:30 by the time Ashton woke up, and it was another 15 minutes before he realized there was Easter candy in the room he was watching TV in. He went and woke Emma up, and they had a good time. The Easter Bunny brought some candy, but also brought some presents (and Grandma Bringhurst even sent some presents as well).

Emma with her presents

Ashton and his presents

We had a nice church service and I didn't have any problems with the kids going to their classes (Ashton's been having issues, and since we had missed the last 4 weeks of church, I was worried about it).

Anyway, our Easter Sunday was great. Emma did get a new dress and Ashton got some new clothes, but I didn't get a picture of it - oh well!

6 comments:

Cass said...

Wow, I did not get a dress from the Easter bunny or from Nate. Lucky Emma. I like the new hair color and can't wait to see it in person. Bridger is so excited for his new cousin!

The Jackson 3 said...

What a fun easter your kids had. Are they getting excited for the new baby to come?

Deborah said...

Sounds like a busy but fun Easter weekend!

Melinda said...

I'm glad you had some time to yourself. There is nothing more deserved right before a baby!

Karyn said...

Oh to have a night by myself with my husband! I am not good at that. I think that will have to wait until our littlest is a little older. I wouldn't wish all the waking up in the middle of the night with her on anyone! I am glad that you got some time with Mike. Life is going to be crazy for you soon, but worth it!

Jewel said...

Woe, the kids did party late! That is so funny that it took Ashton 15 min. to realize the Easter Bunny had come! Those cartoons are pretty captivating.