Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Halloween, Baby Shower, and a Wedding

Thursday Emma got to wear her costume to preschool. She decided she wanted to be Snow White this year. She looked so cute (Mike got her ready that morning). Thanks Mike. The last few minutes of school, they did a parade around the circle that the preschool is on. And then they stood for a group picture. What a cute preschool class (Miss Janae was dress-up too, as a witch).




Friday, Ashton got to wear his costume to Kindergarten. He was Darth Vader. Mike did not go to the parade at the Elementary School, and I forgot to ask any of my friends to take a picture of Ashton as he paraded around. The rule at school was no masks and no weapons. So, some of his costume had to stay home. Karyn did send me this class picture, though.

Friday night we did trunk-or-treat, trick-or-treated around the neighborhood, went to dinner with my parents, and prepared for Cassidy's baby shower.

First was trunk-or-treat. Mike maned the car and the candy (we ran out, I didn't buy enough, we had to raid the kids' bags, and still didn't have enough). I took the kids around to cars. The kids had a great time.

Then, I took them around the neighborhood. We even went to the ward nearby, and hardly anyone answered their door. That was really sad. But the kids still had fun.

We got back to the house and went to grab some dinner at JCW's with my parents. It was so yummy!!!

Then we came back to the house to make some things for Cassidy's baby shower the next day. I made soup. My mom made dessert, and then I made a pumpkin dip. Then I packed up everything I could send with her, and sent it to Cassidy's house that night. My parents stayed with Cassidy that night.

Saturday was Cassidy's baby shower, followed by Austin's wedding, and reception. So, I got up and got ready for Cassidy's baby shower. I had a few things left to prepare, including a game in case we needed it.

The shower went really well. We had invited family. So, me and my mom were hosting. My grandma came (this will be her 4th great grandchild). Then four of our aunts (and an uncle's girl friend), and three cousins. We had only one family member from my dad's side, but that was all we expected (we only invited two family members, so that was 50%). We first ate lunch, then played games. One was guess how many diapers are in this container. And the other one was guess how big Cassidy's belly is (with yarn). We played these at the same time. Sharon won - guess how many diapers, she guessed exactly right. My mom ended up winning guess how big Cassidy's belly is, but she let Julie (second place) take the prize. No one was very close. Finally we played a matching game (thanks Kari for letting me borrow it). Last but not least, Cass opened presents.



Next we had Austin's wedding. Mike got the kids ready and brought them out for the wedding. They got married at Doug and Angie's church. It was a short ceremony, but nice. We sat clear in the back, so I didn't get any good shots of the bride and groom.

After the ceremony we went to La Casita for dinner. Cassidy's husband, Nate, hates it, but I still can't figure out why, I think it's good, and Mike hasn't complained.

Then we went back for the reception. Mike and my dad ditched and went to watch a movie. I stayed about an hour (and let the kids run around the church), and then I came home. My mom was about an hour behind me. My parents stayed with us on Saturday night.

Can you see how sweaty my kids are?

Good thing we had daylight savings time hit Sunday so we had some recovery time. My parents left in time to meet some friends for lunch at 11:00, and we went to church. It was a good and busy weekend.

6 comments:

Melinda said...

Wow, you've been busy! I hope it has all been fun!

Karyn said...

I would say that was a busy weekend! I am guessing that your house didn't get cleaned on Saturday like you usually do. I hate it when that happens! Such is life. Your kids looked really cute in their costumes and it sounds like the baby shower was successful. Good job!

Nate said...

Who said that I hate la Casita?...Oh wait, I did.
Cute Halloween costumes! Thanks again for the shower, and your soup was yummy, you'll have to give Cass the recipe sometime.

The Jackson 3 said...

I dont know how you keep up with it all! Looks like fun though! I remember babysitting your little sister and painting her nails. I cant believe she is having a baby.

Deborah said...

Those costumes are adorable! I love your little Snow White and Darth Vader. They are kind of on opposite ends of the spectrum, huh?!

Kristin said...

Our ward doesn't do Trick or Treating either. I wish we didn't have "Trunk or Treat" for that reason.