Thursday night Mike and I went to the Warren Miller movie. I think this is our third year going. We went last year, and then two years before that. It really is a fun night for us to go out. Mike got off work a little early, and then we hit Bajio's for dinner. Then we ran to the Scera theater (no assigned seating for this movie), luckily we are only two people, and we got decent seats.
On Friday night, I thought Mike might get home a little earlier than he did. So, I had promised the kids a movie and popcorn. So, they got it, it just wasn't the movie I had planned on. Mike and I (once we put the kids to bed) ended up watching "The Incredible Hulk". Mike enjoyed it, and I sure didn't (I thought it was a total waste that Mike bought the movie).
On Saturday, Mike worked, and I worked on cleaning the house. Wow, that's what I say every Saturday that I am home, I need to change that up a bit.
On Sunday, we made a trip up to Kari's and Court's (Mike's sisters). They got a new house in June, but Mike hadn't been up there yet. I was really going to steal a game from Kari (I looked at my schedule and realized the only time I could steal this baby shower game was on Sunday) for my sister's baby shower this weekend.
It was fun to see them, and to let the kids play. It was so funny, just as we were going, Ashton came and said he needed to talk to me (he was so serious). He took me into another room and had me sit down and was holding my hands. "Mom, can we come here one Saturday?" "Sure." "Okay." And all was well, it was hilarious.

Monday night brought Halloween fun. We carved pumpkins and made caramel apples. Ashton had gotten a pumpkin on his field trip to Hee Haws, and Mike had been given a few pumpkins at work. So, that was nice. Mike carved Ashton's pumpkin first (Ashton named it pumpky). Then he did one for Emma. Finally he did one for us. Before he carved them, he gutted all of them. The kids thought it was fun to watch, but they didn't want to get their hands in it. Just as Mike was finishing gutting the last pumpkin he stuck both of the kids hands in it. They cried. What silly kids. Emma had been searching through all the guts with me to get pumpkin seeds. So, why it made her cry, I don't know.

Mike had really wanted a caramel apple, so I had gone to the store to buy the stuff for it. He had wanted the kind where you just layer the caramel sheet over the apple and put it in the oven to melt it a little, but I couldn't find that kind at the store. So, I went to the trouble of melting (and unwrapping) caramels. Only to have him say "I don't like that kind." Rude. I couldn't find the kind you wanted. Me and the kids gladly ate one. And Mike ate one a few days later (good thing).
Ashton wanted his pumpkin to be very scary (he went for mean eyes).

Emma wanted hers to be scary too.

Mike wanted to be a little more creative with ours. He did cut slots for the teeth, but you can't see them very well.
3 comments:
mike did a good job carving those pumpkins...carmel apples look good too!
I totally would've eaten your caramel apples!
Your pumpkins are so fun! Daisy is in to naming things also and it is usually just some form of the thing that she is naming with a 'y' on the end - like beary, or snakey, etc.
Post a Comment