Friday brought mom and I ditching Mike with the kids so that we could go to the "What Women Want" Expo. My dad was at work and Ashton's cold was getting worse. We never go intending to spend a lot of time or money, but that rarely works. I ended up finding a dance bag for Emma, and I bought a head band. Mom bought some cleaning supplies. And I bought some popcorn for Mike, since we were gone a long time. Shortly after we got back, I had a call from Julianne, and made arrangements to go there at about 4:00 that afternoon. So, Mike and I ran out to hit a bucket of balls before the play date. I can't tell you the last time I had hit a golf ball (it was definitely before I got married). So, I wasn't so good. But it was fun. I hurried back and was getting the kids ready, to go to our play date, but Ashton decided not to go. He had a fever and just wasn't feeling up to it. He stayed home with my mom and Mike went to hit a bucket of balls. And Emma and I went to our play date. It's always fun to catch up with Julianne. I've known her since not long after we were married. She was the first young women's president I served under, then I replaced her when Joe was called into a BYU Bishopric. Emma finally warmed up and played with Joey. They must have been having a good time when she got this bonk.
Then I met up with the rest of the family at the Mongolian BBQ restaurant in the outlets. We were a little late, but that was made worse by the parking. That night we didn't do much other than put the kids to bed.
Saturday brought a golfing excursion for Mike and dad. After the boys golfed, mom and I went and got a pedicure. I figured that was fair!!! We made a quick trip to Robert's after our pedicure and came home to find everyone outside. The kids were on the four wheeler with Grandad and Mike was practicing his golf swing. Then I took the kids out for a four wheeler ride and the kids got to practice their golf swing with a kids set.
Next we headed to dinner at Famous Dave's. The wait wasn't too bad for a Saturday night. And that night we took the kids swimming. We really went late and kept them up past bedtime. But you can't go to St. George and not take the kids swimming.
Sunday was a mellow day. Ashton was still sick, and not really improving. He had a fever most of sacrament meeting. We let the kids nap and had an early dinner, then headed home. We got home about 9:00. It was a nice trip. Thanks mom and dad for everything!!!

2 comments:
Sounds like a really nice weekend with great weather. To bad Ashton got sick. I think we are headed into that time of year already.
Andrea - Thanks for coming down to see us we love to have you and get to play with the kids. MOM
Post a Comment