Poor Mike, he was supposed to go golfing or fishing over the weekend, but instead he got to paint and do baseboards. Thanks Mike for working in the basement instead of playing.
All in all the basement is coming along nicely. Mike did a great job on the baseboards and the paint in what will be the office. He spent Saturday cutting in, and doing baseboards. On Monday night he finished painting in both closets in the basement. On Tuesday I cleaned up the basement, and yesterday, Wednesday we got carpet in both bedrooms. Come tomorrow we will have new carpet on the stairs and in the family room. Tonight we have to remove carpet to be ready.
Hooray, the basement is finally coming back together. Mike spent about an hour last night cleaning out the family room. That way we are ready to remove carpet tonight. I think it will be a few more weeks until everything is back in order, but we are much closer now. I can't wait to start using the basement more readily. Just when we found the water damage was when we were about ready to begin using the basement more often. We finally grew into that part of our home. We've always used the guest room in the basement, but we only use the family room in the basement once a week or so, and the other bedroom downstairs has mostly been a junk room. I am so ready to make it an office, I can't wait. I already have plans to go and buy a book shelf.
The other big news for this weekend was that Emma got croup. We have never had croup so, I had no idea what was wrong with her on Friday night. She was coughing really bad, and so hard that she threw up three times. So, I called the Dr. and talked to the nurse. Emma's cough really sounded like a bark. The nurse asked if the cough sounded like a seal and I didn't know. So, I went and stood by Emma and within a few seconds she coughed and the nurse said that it was the croup cough. So, the only thing we could do was treat the symptoms. That I was to steam Emma for about 10 minutes and then take her out in the cold for 10 minutes. Also to run a humidifier if we had one. It must have worked because Emma slept through the night. The nurse said the next morning that croup peaks at night and if she slept through the night, that was a really good sign. We kept the kids home from church on Sunday (just in case Ashton had it because it is really contagious). But all seemed well. I stayed home with the kids on Monday and Tuesday just to prevent anyone from getting sick at the babysitters. But that was probably a little bit of over kill. When I talked to a nurse on Wednesday to see when croup was done and not contagious anymore she said only contagious for about 24 hours and as soon as the cough didn't sound like a bark, we were good to go. So, I probably didn't need to stay home on Tuesday, but it was nice to.
The other big thing that happened this weekend was that I went to Lucy's reception. Lucy is a girl from my ward in Price. The girls in my ward were all pretty close, even though some of us weren't the best of friends, we all got along really well, and there was a large group of us. The year I graduated, there were 6 of us that were active (at the time we graduate there were 16 active laurels and 3 active priests). Lucy was one of the 6 that graduated with me. Lucy was one of the girls I always worried about. I hope I say this in the most polite way, because I'm not trying to be mean - but Lucy was slow. She graduated from high school and tried to go to cosmetology school, but didn't make it threw the first semester. She ended up working at the grocery store. She rarely had a boyfriend and I always worried that no one would appreciate her for who she was. Since we graduated from high school, she has done really well for herself. She still works at a grocery store (in the deli department), but she has been able to live on her own and create a good life for herself. I was really glad to see her get married. He seems like a nice guy and she seems really happy. I can't remember the last time I saw Lucy, but it was fun to see her on Saturday night. She really loves her family. And I am really happy for her.
Sorry, no pictures for this blog, I'm lame!!!
Thursday, November 08, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Yay I'm glad your basement is coming along. I can't wait to see it when it's done!
Gosh! It seems like your kids have been sick lately!
It's always fun to go to weddings of friends who haven't married yet. I'm still waiting on a few.
Tis the season to be sick! Glad the basement is coming together so nicely. I remember Lucy as well (who did she marry? someone from price? )
Post a Comment