Thursday, August 16, 2007

The Weekend, August 11 and 12

We had a really busy weekend. Our soccer game was at noon, so we got up on Saturday and began to work on projects. Mike took on the instillation of the secondary water system stuff. I should have gotten pictures of everything torn up. We had a hole where the secondary stuff was to go. A hole at the main water site. A hole looking for the sprinkling line, and a final hole at the spot where we could cap the main water line (there was an extra box). Anyway, it was quite the undertaking. Mike spent about 6 hours doing it. The neighbor came and helped and another guy in the ward swung by to help when times got tough (mostly when we were looking for the main water line). Mike was supposed to be to work by 3:00. So, when it came time for Ashton's soccer game, Mike stayed home and worked.

Ashton's soccer game went better this time. I sat a little farther away so I wouldn't be a distraction. I was hoping if he couldn't see me, then he wouldn't be coming to me so often. It kind of worked. The other thing I had going was I brought treats that day. I could threaten that he wouldn't get treats if he didn't go play. The good news is that we can use that threat on most games. Cassidy and Nate came to watch Ashton too, so that was nice. Ashton played more, and didn't really lay on the ground, so I call it a success.

On Saturday, Mike went into work at about 4:00 (a little late since he was supposed to be there at 3:00). He was working an MOD shift (Manager On Duty) and had to stay until Sunday at 5:00. I took the kids there at about 7:00 on Saturday night to go swimming. We had a great time. The pool was a little chilly, but still fun. With church at 8:00, we didn't stay over but it is always nice to go swimming.

After church on Sunday, I spend the rest of the day reading. Eclipse was super fun.

No comments: