Wednesday, August 15, 2007

August 5-10

Wow - these are really lame titles. But what can you do when you are trying to get everyone caught up.

Things for us have been busy, but really that is just the normal for us. It's not that I haven't been on the computer it's just that all of our computer time looking for cars. My other free time has been spent reading books. Sometime right around here, I finished New Moon by Stephenie Meyer. It's the second book in the Twilight series.

On Monday, after dropping our car off at the new owners home, we drove to Park City to have dinner with my parents (they were spending nearly a week in the condo). Cass and Nate were there. It was nice, but a really short trip. We came home and I met up with Andrea and Melinda went to the book release party for Eclipse. Melinda did a great job of documenting it in her blog, check it out. Eclipse is the third book in the Twilight series. The book release party was at Barnes and Noble. There were tons of people there, and I was surprised to find out that the next day, almost everywhere in Utah had sold out her book. I waited almost one full week to read the book since I knew once I started I wouldn't be able to stop. I started reading it on Sunday, Aug. 12 (just a few days ago) and I finished it on Monday night. I just love her books.

Wednesday night, I went to my book group. As Melinda mentioned in her blog, we read Letters by Marjorie Hinckley (President Hinckley's wife). It was fun to hear about their lives. It's good to know they are human too. It was an interesting read because it was only letters, and nothing else.

In terms of the car search, we went to Bountiful a couple of times last week to look at a dealership we really like. But we still haven't found exactly what we want. My parents stayed at our house last Thursday into Friday. They had just bought a new 4-door Jeep Wangler, and it had taken most of the afternoon, so they stayed over. In the end, Cassidy bought their old Jeep Liberty. So, we got to drive Cassidy and Nate's Honda for a few days (3 days) until they sold it. Anyway, we are still searching for a vehicle (a Honda Pilot). Keep your eyes open for me.

2 comments:

Melinda said...

Good luck with the car search. It is always miserable

Missy said...

I'll keep my eyes open. My brother-in-law sold his about 2 months ago...too bad it wasn't any sooner!