Sunday, June 17, 2007

Kid-less

Well, Grandma and Grandpa Brown took our kids for the week. Can I just tell you it was heaven? Helene and Andrew were in Florida for the week, and so they had our kids from Sunday afternoon till Friday night.

Monday night was a project night. Mike finished some things up with the shed, mowed the lawn, and we measured for some paver's. I cleaned both cars. It was really sad because the last time the Mazda had been cleaned was close to 18 months ago.

Tuesday was again a project night. Mike worked on painting the front stair rails, and I worked on putting together a toy chest. We both didn't think our projects would be the quickest, but we sure didn't expect what we got. In the 2-3 hours we worked, Mike only got half of the stair rail done, and I only got the toy box put together (I still want to stain it). In other words, we were both a little frustrated by the end of the night.

Wednesday night was dinner and movie night. We ate a delicious dinner at Carrabba's and then headed out to the AF theater to see Ocean's 13. I really liked it.

Thursday night I took Mike to see http://www.ikea.com/. I wasn't very happy with how they did returns (take a number) nor with how many people they had working the desks, or how long it was taking. But we were able to buy a few things that night.

Friday was our last chance to splurg and have fun. Mike said he really wanted to do something fun, but he sometimes his expectations are too high. So, I plotted to go to Park City and tried to keep it a secret from him. But, Mike's parents plans changed, so I had to tell him. But he was pretty happy with my idea. We had a few errands to run before we headed to Park City. Then we hit the outlets for a little bit of shopping. Finally we made our way to the Park City Mountain Resort to do the Alpine Slide and the Alpine Coaster.

The Alpine Coaster was really fun. It's different from the Alpine Slide because there is not threat from coming off, so you just gun it.


That was the first time we did the Alpine Coaster. After the Coaster we did the Alpine Slide.


We then ate at our favorite Park City restaurant - Baja Cantina.

Then we had to go to Bountiful to meet up with Mike's parents to get our kids. The kids got to play at Helene and Andrew's so they were pretty happy. All in all it was a good week.

2 comments:

Missy said...

How would that be to be kid-less? I don't think I'll ever know!

Melinda said...

I can't wait to see all your projects!