Thursday, June 14, 2007

The Weekend

So, I was home with the kids on Thursday after my trip to Kansas City and the kids trip to Price. And Mike was home with the kids on Friday. On Friday, I only worked a half a day and came home so that we could be together as a family. I was hoping we could go swimming, but it just wasn't hot enough. That morning Mike was putting together the shed, and so I was helping him in the afternoon. Because we couldn't swim, Mike made plans to go to a movie. Emma just doesn't sit still for very long, so Mike to Ashton to Surf's Up, while Emma, my mom, Cassidy, Nate and myself all went to dinner. We ate at Winger's because we knew we could get in and eat at 7:00 on a Friday night. And I think they have decent food.

Saturday brought an old family tradition long forgotten. We went to the Art City Days Parade in Springville. I remember going as a kid, but I can't tell you the last time I went. Of course, the kids love a parade. There was candy, pretty girls, horses, and cool trucks and tractors.

Emma waving to the pretty girls.

Kylee, Emma, and Ashton watching the parade.

The fam. Grandma & Grandpa Howell and Uncle Ryan.

After the parade we went to Cassidy's house. They have been working on the basement, and it looks really good.

After that we went to get some lunch on our way to our shopping event. We stopped at the Wendy's in Lehi, and just got there 10 minutes too late, and were at the end of a really long line. We were probably in line for 30 minutes so we could order our food, and of course, the kids are not the quickest eaters. After that we went to the IKEA store. Wow, the IKEA store is amazing. It is huge, and has so much stuff, and most of it is really reasonably priced. Our goal was to only be in there for an hour, and I think we did it at an hour and 10 minutes. The upstairs was really hard because we just moved in a herd. You couldn't really look and check things out. The bottom floor was a little better, but there was still a lot of people. I won't go on a Saturday again for a while. But we are going back tonight.

Then we went to Tai Pan. The stores are very different. Tai Pan is more crafty where IKEA is more contemporary. But both are very fun stores where it is very easy to spend a lot of money.

We got home at about 5:00 Saturday. To say the least, the kids were tired. We actually got Emma to take a little nap on the couch. We ate a delicious Pizza Factory Dinner and hung out.

Sunday brought church, naps, and some genealogy. Then a drive to Price. Mike's parents have Helene and Andrew's kids for a week, and so they offered to take ours too. So, we agreed. It sounds like they are surviving the week. Thanks Mom and Dad!!!

2 comments:

Elisa said...

fun stuff! Welcome Home!

Missy said...

I do LOVE Ikea and Tai Pan! Lucky you live closer than we do! Well, maybe just a little closer.