Thursday, May 31, 2007

Memorial Day Weekend

Well, Mike had a four day weekend, but I'm sad to say, we did not use it to our full advantage. I think Mike suffers high expectations. If we plan a trip it has to exceed all his desires. I threw out some possible ideas, and Mike shot them all down with it's not fun enough, it won't keep the kids busy long enough, and just plain silence. In the end it was a good weekend, but pretty low key.

Mike was home on Friday, and I went into work in the morning. I came home at about 1:00 and did a little work from home, but mostly worked on getting a babysitter. We were going to see Pirate's III that night, and I still hadn't secured a babysitter. I was glad/lucky when I got another mom to babysit. Paul and Mindy were coming with us, and Abbey needed a sitter too. The Pirate's movie is really long (2 hours and 45 minuets) so, we secured a sitter for nearly 4 hours. The movie was good, and after the movie we got some Cafe Rio to go. Yum.

Saturday brought a day for Mike and I to be home together - wow we didn't know what to do with ourselves. We started moving around 10:00 and took the kids up American Fork Canyon to fish at Tibble Fork. We got there around noon. It was quite busy, and the middle of the day, so the fishing wasn't good, but it was fun to be out there with the kids. We all got some sun. And it sprinkled a little too.

That evening, we went to the PG pool (the first day it was open). It wasn't terribly hot, but just about right. We were there about 1/2 hour before there was an incident (some baby pooped in the pool). They closed the pool for a 1/2 hour, so we left and got some dinner.

Sunday brought some typical Sunday activities. But Helene and her kids and Mom and dad stopped by the house (mom and dad had left their car here) in the afternoon. Shortly after they left, we drove to Price. I don't think I'd been to Price since Thanksgiving. It's always nice to stay with Mike's parents, they treat us so good.

Monday Mike's mom and I sent the men fishing and we stayed home to play with the kids. We figured we'd head up the canyon later in the afternoon, and do dinner and let the kids fish. But, after playing in Price, and heading up the canyon, the weather turned chilly (and of course, I hadn't packed for such things). When we got up to Mammoth Reservoir, the men were done fishing (it had been windy and cold and yet sunny too, Mike had a terrible burn). It was getting cold, but we did a dutch oven dinner anyway (it was so good!!!). But we got rained on just as we were finishing up trying to get dessert. We hid out for about 10 minutes, and the rain stopped, and we finished our dessert outside. The kids fished a little. Ashton was mostly enthralled by the fire (do we have a boy scout in training or what?).

All in all the weekend was good, we had a good time together as a family. I did have the camera a Tibble Fork, but didn't take any pictures. When we went to Price, I forgot the camera - sorry, no pictures.

2 comments:

Elisa said...

You and Mike are so good to do date nights! Darin and I rarely, rarely ever do them. Even going out for our anniversary was tough! We need to do better...although with a newborn it will be harder than ever!

Missy said...

Sounds funner than our Memorial Day weekend! We find it hard to do anything but work on our house!