So, on Monday of this week, we had a great night. UVSC hosted an event for all faculty and staff as part of their Summer University. Mike wasn't really excited to go, but in the end, he was glad we went. So, it was at the baseball stadium. They had blow-up jumping toys, an employee softball game, and food. I was worried they would be stingy with the food, and with kids that don't eat, I was nervous. But they weren't. We could go back and get more food, besides the hot dogs and chips, there was Cracker Jacks, cotton candy, snow cones (as much as you could eat), and of course refills on fountain soda. Then to top off the night, we had our very own private concert with Ryan Shupe and the Rubberband. It was great.
Like I said it was a good night (and of course I don't have pictures, because I have been forgetting the camera).
Also this week brought some babysitting by me. Friday night was date night, but not for us, it was our pay back night. But Mike went over to his cousin's Steve's house to help redo his roof. His brother's (Paul and Steve) and his brother-in-law Andrew was there, and a few other cousins. He went right after work, and I didn't see him till after 10:00. Good thing it is not too hard to watch the kids. I even got them all on the couch watching a movie.
Saturday brought more busyness. With Melinda on bed rest and moving next weekend, a few of us stepped-up and packed some of her house Saturday morning. We got the kitchen and playroom done in just over two hours. Because Mike was working Richard babysat my kids while Karyn, Deborah, and I packed. It was nice to help a friend, especially since I can't help this next week. I really will miss the Jason and Melinda. They have been great neighbors.
Saturday also brought playing with Brynn and Gavin. And we even got to eat steak at the Brienholt's for helping with the roof.
As for next week, I will be in Savannah Georgia at a conference for work. Steve (Mike's brother) will babysit tomorrow, Mike will have the kids on Tuesday (Ashton's Preschool is going to the zoo), and then Grandma Brown will have them the rest of the week.

2 comments:
Sometimes I wished I still worked at UVSC...but sometimes I don't! This would be one of those times I wished I did! Sounds like the kids had a great time!
Thank you Thank you Thank you for all your help!
Post a Comment