Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Long Weekend

What did we do over the long weekend? Well, with Mike working Friday night and Saturday from 8-5, it was a good thing we had Monday together. I ended up taking a nap on Saturday. I had worked a long week and I was not very patient with the kids, so instead of cleaning (which is probably what I should have done), I took a nap instead, and it felt good.

Mike got a call on Saturday night (nearly Sunday) and one of his employees was calling out sick. So, he had to go in for a few hours on Sunday morning. We had a baby blessing to go to, so he didn't have to work a full shift. But it was hard to work around. I had meetings Sunday morning that I then had to find a sub for. And I felt terrible about it because I had already made Andrea M (my first counselor) take my lesson. But she was great and took my 9:15 meeting as well.

But regardless, Sunday morning proved to be interesting. I had presidency meeting at my house at 10:00 (knowing that Mike would be home just after 11:30 so we could go to Bountiful). I usually have presidency meeting at my house, but usually Mike watches the kids. The kids spent most of their time interrupting the meeting. And then all of the sudden, I realized that Emma had been gone for a while. I went to check on her, and I found, a girl who covered her legs in Desitin while still in her church clothes. And what a pain to clean Desitin. It requires a bath. So, I was scrambling to get Emma bathed and ready to go before Mike got home. Luckily (for me but not the baby blessing) he was running late. (Sorry for whatever reason I can not get the picture to post, stupid blogger).

We then drove up to Bountiful for Daniels baby blessing. We were so afraid we would be late, but we made it. It was nice. I wish I would have thought about it, I just didn't think we would be up there until nearly 7:00 that night. We all could have really used a change of clothes. But it was nice to see the family. And because the kids didn't have a nap, they went to bed early (inspite of falling asleep on the car ride home).

On Monday morning our big job was to buy a freezer. Thanks to my parents we have some money to buy a few things (thanks mom & dad). So, we bought a freezer - Yeah. After a trip to Costco, you should see how full my freezer is. So, this is a huge blessing. We bought it at Sears, and it should be here in about 2 weeks. Click here to see what it looks like.

The afternoon was spent with Mike and I reading and the kids napping. I am reading "New Moon" the sequel to Twilight, and of course, I'm in love. Mike is reading "The Bourne Identity". He was surprised to find out how very different it was from the movie.

Monday night we went to an Owlz Game. It was lots of fun. And I would do it again. It wasn't very expensive to sit on the grass, and the kids loved rolling down the hill and playing on the playground. The season ends on Thursday, but I would suggest that you try it sometime next year.

The other thing that happened this weekend is that we lost our babysitter Raquel. I had planned to lose her in December when her husband graduated, but some things have changed and she's not going to be able to babysit for us any more. I'm really sad about it. It's been so nice to have her come to our house. I'm dreading hauling kids to the sitter. :{ I guess you do what you got to do.

No comments: