So, last Thursday was Ashton's first day of preschool. And I don't know why I'm waiting till now to blog about it. But as we speak he is at his second day of preschool. I'm so excited for him. I think it will be so good for him. Emma was pretty excited too. It's just too bad that she can't go yet. In fact I'm pretty sad that she won't get to go for two more years. With her birthday in September she barely misses the deadline, but is going to be ready for preschool a year before she can go.
She is very excited to take Ashton to preschool. Ashton makes sure that Emma isn't staying with him. And Emma makes sure she gets to come home with me. I think she is a little worried about school (not quite ready yet). But I think it would be good for her. She is a little more clingy than Ashton (that probably comes with age).

There is one little boy in Ashton's class that was so sad that his mom was not the first one there to pick him up on the first day of school. He was sobbing by the time she got there (about 3 minutes later). The poor kid. I'm glad I don't have to worry about Ashton that way.
Asthon really likes his teacher Miss Keri. She is really good with the kids and so happy each day they come. He is in a class of 11 kids. I don't know how she does it, but good for her.
Ashton's other first happened on Saturday. Saturday was Ashton's first day of potty training with out any accidents. Yeah. In fact yesterday was three days in a row without an accident.
The big trick will be preschool today. I hope he can make it (and so does his teacher).

2 comments:
Laura has the same problem as Emma w/her October birthday. It's driving us crazy because we want to "sneak" her in. If you find a way to do it, let us know and we'll do likewise!
How fun! I do a "Joy School" with Miriam, 6 of us moms rotate teaching pre-school. We allow 2 year olds if they can sit still and listen to directions. Miriam and one other girl are the only 2 year olds but you can't tell there is an age differenct...probibly because they are first borns, and girls, and both have mellow personalities. Anyway, it's fun and I only have to teach 2 times every 3 months.
Post a Comment