So, this last week my kids did a ton of swimming. This summer instead of putting Ashton and Emma in swim lessons, I put them in swim team. I figured they needed something to do this summer to keep them busy. Swim team is 4 days a week for nearly 2 months. It's great for Emma since she is so competitive. And Ashton, who said he didn't want to do it, really likes it. I'm so glad.
So, they had swim team all last week. On Friday night, it was hot and we decided to do a family swim night. We headed over to the condo to get some swimming in. Grandma and Grandpa Howell were in town, so it was nice to see them for a minute. Poor Ethan had a fever and didn't love the pool, but it broke his fever so that was nice.
Dad helped the kids do a totem pole
They were so proud they had to give high fives
Poor baby Ethan was done
In the end, they were able to do a totem pole without dads help
Then on Saturday morning Ashton and Emma had a swim meet. It was an inter-club meet, mostly so the kids could see how a swim meet worked, and so they could see what their times were.
My kids had a great time and loved it. I volunteered as a timer. I was surprised at how much concentration it took. Ashton and Emma both competed in the 100 m freestyle relay, the 25 m freestyle and the 25 m backstroke. Both kids won their relay (Emma had the cutest little 5 year old on her relay team). Ash swam the 25 free in 26.51 (6th) and the 25 back in 34.34 (8th). Emma swam the 25 free in 28.31 (1st) and 25 back in 33.04 (2nd). They both did awesome and I am so proud.
Ash, check out that bod
Emma, lookin' good
Emma on her 25 free
Ash on his 25 free, he kept loosing his goggles when he dove in
Emma on her 25 back
Ash hoping out after his 25 back
Mike went on a bike ride once the kids and I got home, and had his front tire blew out (his rear tire blew out earlier in the week). To say the least, he was not happy.
Once home, and we all had lunch, we decided to hit the splash pad to cool off. Ashton has decided he is too big or too cool (or something) for splash pads. He would not get in his swim trunks. He claimed he wouldn't get wet, he would just hang out. He never got soaked, but he didn't stay on the grass. Ethan still doesn't love the splash pad. He liked the river and climbing on the rocks. About the only thing he liked doing was stepping on the water spouts, bu he didn't want to get wet.
Elina having a great time
Ash, just chillin'
Emma, gettin' wet
Elina showing Ethan how to step on the water
It was a nice way to cool off. Mike had promised the kids rewards for doing well at the swim meet. So we went out for snow cones after. They were yummy!
Mike and Emma got the best tongues!
We had a great week. I love this family of mine!
Monday, June 10, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
What a fun day! Great job on the swim meet!!
I am glad that you are blogging again. I need to do the same. It sounds like you had a fun week. I like the totem pole. That's great that your kids did so well at the swim meet. I should probably get Lily on a swim team too.
Post a Comment