Monday, June 03, 2013

Little Red - 100 Miles

I got the chance to do Little Red (a well known bike event in Logan) again this year; it was a great 100 miles.  I feel so lucky that I have good friends that I get to ride with, and who take care of me.  Thanks to Melanie and her family for driving me to Logan and letting me crash with them at Mel's parents house.  And a big thanks to Deb and her family for letting me shower after the ride, and letting me catch a ride home.  And thanks to Cass for letting me spend Saturday night at her house.  And thanks to Mike for watching the kids and taking them to church without me, and letting me stay at Cassidy's and drive home on Sunday.  Wow, I am truly blessed.

This is Deborah, me, Melanie, and Diana at lunch - 53.7 miles in

 
At the finish line with Melanie, Deborah, and me (gotta love the self portrait)

This is Diana and me at the finish line - woot!

It was a great day.  It never got too hot.  It started out cold (really cold for me - 35 degrees ain't pretty).  But the weather was perfect, and the support (not only from the event but from Melaine's and Deborah's family) was awesome!  Hooray to a great day, with great ladies, and 100 miles.  I so hope we get in next year.

2 comments:

Cass said...

welcome back!!! Good job on the bike ride!! can't wait to read more!!

Melinda said...

You're amazing! Sorry I was a wimp that night :(