November only gets one post since I didn't have that many pictures.
It looks like the first pictures I have for November, Elina found a marker and colored on her face. This stage is so hard, they want to color, but they don't know where to color. I am trying to teach Ashton and Emma that they can't leave things out that Elina can get her hands on, but they forget pretty regularly.
I also have this cute picture of Elina with sunglasses on. Isn't she cool?
The second weekend in Nov. (just after my Mobile trip) the family headed off to St. George. Normally, I go for meetings and take the kids with me, and beg my mom to babysit. This year, Mike had some time he could use, so he came with us. He was feeling a little under the weather, so although we took our bike's down, we didn't ride them. But we had a great time doing the normal St. George routine, swimming, hanging out and a ride on the 4-wheeler. Thanks mom and dad for letting us come down and visit.
Elina loves the baby's at my mom's house, even though they are as big as she is.
I found the kids outside catching some rays, who knows what Ashton is doing under the blanket.
While in St. George we missed the big news in the ward. We got a new bishopric. The new bishop is our neighbor and friend, Brian Morgan. He stopped by on Monday, and told me he was the new bishop. I probably argued with him for 5 minutes on the front lawn trying to figure out if we really did get a new bishopric and if so who was the new bishop. Open mouth, insert foot. Oh well, he just wasn't on my radar for the new ward bishop.
In Nov. Ashton also finished his basketball season. I think he had a good time. I was surprised at how well some of the kids play!! Some of them have real talent. We need to spend more time with Ashton helping develop some of his skills. But I think he had a great time, and it was fun to be on a team with kids from the ward and some kids from school.
Good defense!
I also just have some random pictures of the kids that month.
Our kids are getting so big.
Isn't that Emma silly!
Isn't it good to see Ashton working on some homework!
We spent Thanksgiving in Price. I actually enjoy the year we spend Thanksgiving in Price. We do a kids dinner (they get finger food, and food they will eat), and then we do a traditional dinner for the adults and older grandkids. We were also able to spend a few hours on Friday getting a Christmas tree. A huge thanks goes out to Helene and Andrew. They are always so great to help us get trees (and bring them home).
The kids love being with their cousins so much!!! It's a rowdy house, but for a day or two, it's fun!!!
Emma and Brynn, best of friends
Ashton enjoying some crackers
All the younger kids eating Thanksgiving dinner
Mike and Elina hanging out
On the way home, Emma needed to go to the bathroom (big surprise), so we stopped at the new rest area. It is way awesome and has been praised nationwide. It was dark, but Mike took the kids to check out the roundhouse and the real train they had parked there.
Ashton & Emma checking out the engine
The kids burning a little energy
And talking on the phone
All in all, November was a good month.
Wednesday, February 09, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
We should start a kids table at our Thanksgiving. The problem is a lot of the kids in our family need help from Mom and Dad to eat. Maybe some day we can when the kids are older. I remember having one when I was growing up.
Post a Comment