Friday, February 18, 2011

Little Christmas Eve

Norwegians celebrate Little Christmas Eve on Dec. 23.  It becomes an evening where you eat a lot of food.  We love this tradition and are grateful that Helene and Andrew hosted the event this year.  We were glad that Mike's parents and sister Kari and her family could be there too.  The kids have so much fun with their cousins!

The kids love things like little smokies, and chips.  My favorite is the crab dip (made by Kari this year) and Sprite with Cranberry ice cubes.  The food was delicious!

The kids table

I put Elina on the floor by herself hoping I could get her to eat and avoid messes

Elina loves baby Hailey; she tried to give her kisses

As the night wore on Elina settled down with grandpa

 Emma getting farmed by Andrew

The picture of Emma getting farmed is one of my favorites.  I told Emma about the time (it was one of the first couple of dates I went on with Mike) that Mike and everyone else allowed Andrew to try his hand at farming me.  I fought back, and bit Andrew till he bled.  I wasn't quite sure what to think with such an initiation.  Good thing Emma thought it was fun!!!

1 comment:

Karyn said...

Looks like you had fun. What an initiation into Mike's family. You must have really loved him to stick around after that!