Saturday, February 19, 2011

Christmas Eve and Christmas

Christmas Eve was spent just as a family this year.  Even though it was just us, we went all out.  We had a turkey, mashed and sweet potatoes, stuffing, rolls and pie.  Now, I bought the rolls and pie, but it was still delicious.  We also did the tradition of table presents.  Even though Mike worked in the morning, it was nice to spend the evening together as a family.



For table presents, everyone (including mom and dad) got new pajamas.  I always liked that idea, but we've never really done it.  This year everyone was in need of new pj's so it worked out well.


It was fun to get pictures of the kids in front of the tree in their new pj's before bed!

On Christmas day, the kids did a good job of sleeping in, but when they got up, the first thing they did was sort the presents.  Mike was not a fan (mostly because there was a stack on the couch).

Elina liked the candy cane; she found the candy quickly

Emma showing off her new shirts

Ashton showing off his books

Both the older kids got DS's.  They were super excited!!!  We also got the older kids their own set of scriptures.

We try to buy the kids:
something you want
something you need
something to wear and
something to read
but Santa can do what he chooses.  

That day Mike was supposed to make an appearance at the hotel.  It was way slow that day, and he wasn't feeling well, so he stayed home.  We had talked about going to a movie in the afternoon, but it was just too nice to stay at home in our pj's, and play with our new toys (or for Mike and I to take a nap).

We had a great Christmas.

2 comments:

Melinda said...

Love your guidelines for what you try to get the kids. It looks like a great time together!! Mashed sweet potatoes sound yummy - you'll have to tell me how to make them.

Karyn said...

Relaxing is nice. Sounds like a good Christmas. I will have to remember your guidelines too. I always buy books too, but I don't do clothing. I should.