I know that it is way past that time, but for my sake, I need to post about a family Christmas Party the day after Christmas.
So, my mom's side of the family got together to exchange gifts, eat, and take a family picture. The last time we had a family picture with my mom's side of the family was before I was pregnant with Ashton, so seven plus years. So, it was a good thing.
First we ate, we had ham, funeral potatoes, jello, veggie tray, chips, 7 layer dip, and dessert. It was great. And, oh yeah, we had it at the church. It was nice to allow the kids some room to run around.
Then it was time for pictures. Mike was at work, and had to leave work early to get to the pictures (he wasn't so happy about it), but thanks Mike. The biggest issue is that because it's winter and because we are so big (I'm the oldest grandchild, there's one on the way, 15 grandkids some with spouses, 5 great grandkids, and then my mom has 4 sibling) we took the picture in the church on the stage. Not the best back drop, but we had to work with what we had.
This is us - we are big.
Then it was time to open gifts. Mike does not enjoy our children buying presents for my cousins, but it's not his choice, so that's the deal. All the kids that are in high school or younger exchange gifts, and then we all get gifts from my grandparents.
Emma loved her present.
Me and the kids.
If nothing else it's nice to spend some time with the family (I got to see some cousins that I haven't seen in over a year). In the end, we did not get together with my dad's side of the family due to illness and schedules. That really is sad, since we only get together one time a year - at Christmas.
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I am glad you got a current picture. I bet everyone has changed a lot in 7 years!
Post a Comment