I had planned to take an additional load of laundry to Price, so that I could be all caught up, but in my rush on Friday, I forgot. Again, I ran to the neighbors. Now, I love our neighbors, and they were so kind to us, but you know, you really can't have them doing your laundry for long.
We had talked to Paul and Mindy on Saturday about us buying their washer and dryer (it's just sitting in their house in Tooele). By Monday, I was ready for it. A huge thank you to Helene and Andrew who met Mike in Tooele on Monday night (giving up their family home evening) so we could get a washer and dryer. They have a key to Paul and Mindy's home, and a truck they let us borrow.
The interesting news, is that Monday (the same day we are trying to get the washer and dryer) we begin having troubles with the garage door. Mike came home, and said, what's wrong with the door, why will it only go up a foot -who's been messing with it. The kids hadn't been near it, and when we came home, it sounded like the door fell closed (maybe the last foot). In Mike's rush to leave for Tooele, we didn't really find out what was wrong with the door.
Too make a long (and whiny) story short. We spent time on Tuesday putting in and testing the washer and dryer. And by Wednesday, had a guy come and replace both garage springs. So, now life is better. Except for the fact that we thought our home's air conditioner broke. But that's a different story, and in the end it wasn't, so we're good.
Really, when it rains it pours!

3 comments:
Ew I hate it when those streaks happen..... Mine always start with a speeding ticket! It sounds like it should be almost over!
Yeah, you don't realize how much you need stuff until it breaks!! Our dryer broke and we were hanging our laundry out to dry like in the olden days!
Hey...at least you got a new Washer and Dryer out of the deal. You'll have to let me know how you like it!
Post a Comment