Even though it rained all day on Saturday, we were able to get somethings checked off the project list. The sad news is, we haven't had any days to get the real outdoor tasks done, maybe by mid-October.
So, Saturday morning started a little slow. I made Norwegian pancakes (which are like crepes) for breakfast, while we watched the first session of conference. After breakfast, Mike and I started to clean the garage. It's one of those projects that needs to be done, but is never fun. In the process, part of our job was to get some things to the DI. I had held a garage sale last summer (like a year ago) and due to bad weather, it hadn't gone well. We kept quite a few things, in anticipation of doing a yard sale this summer, but hadn't. Mike's goal was to get most of that to the DI. And I agreed, we weren't going to get it sold, so might as well get it out (of the house, garage, etc.).
Mike spent most of the second session outside taking care of the garage. I spent some time inside dealing with the kids, but I was back and forth. Next we moved to projects in the house. The basement has been yucky, crazy, unkempt (and whatever else you would like to call messy) for over a year. With the flood, so much stuff was moved into the storage room, and just never dealt with. A lot of that had to do with the fact, and I never wanted to tackle that space alone, Mike has so much stuff there, and I am unwilling to make decisions about his stuff. So, we tackled that project together. Mostly just deciding what big stuff and boxes were ready to go to the DI. Most of the organizing moved to Sunday.
Once the session was over, it was my job to take a load to DI and to get some propane, and groceries for dinner. Mike manned the grill in the rain, and we had an excellent Saturday dinner.
Sunday I started the day by dealing with my sewing projects. Emma had taken a pair of scissors to her down bed spread. I had been collecting all of the down that fell out over the last few months, and really needed to get it taken care of. The hardest part was that the cuts weren't straight, and they weren't taken care of quickly so it was a mess. Meaning my sewing, it didn't look pretty in the end, but I did get it taken care of.
The second project I tackled had to do with Ashton's comforter cover. His has been coming apart because the buttons can't seem to hold it together (not to mention it was missing some). So, I sewed on buttons and added Velcro to his comforter cover. I also added ties to the corner of his cover and his comforter. That way I could tie them together and keep his comforter in place in his cover. I was successful, but it took quite a while.
In the end, we accomplished a lot. And I was happy. The other good note was that we did find our wedding pictures. They were in a box called books. I assumed it was full of text books, but it had other kinds of books, like photo books in it. Yeah. Thanks Mike for find it.

3 comments:
yeah for finding your wedding photos, we'll have to have another wedding video day at work.
I'm impressed with your work. My basement scares me!
Way to go on getting some projects done around the house!
Post a Comment