Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Birthday - Mine

I thought I better clear up one thing - where have I been. The truth is, life has gone on, and although we have been busy, our home life has not been overly busy. I think part of it is the whole kids being in school, bed time routines have changed and become more strict. Also, work has been terribly busy. I hate this time of year for work, and every year, I think it gets more stressful. So, when I have had these long yucky days at work, I come home and want to have nothing to do with my computer, but only find solace in the TV.

Monday was my birthday. Mike and I celebrated by going out to dinner (thanks Abbey for watching the kids for us). We stopped at Park Sports on the way home and bought Warren Miller tickets. We also go an earful about bikes, and ski gear. Park's can't you do something so that your sales guys don't bug the customer's so much!!!

Anyway, dinner at Outback was great. I had the pecan encrusted halibut, and it was yummy. Mike had the prime rib, delicious. So, that was great.

When I came home, we told the kids that I would open presents. I had three presents, so we (me, Ashton and Emma) each got to open one. They were thrilled to help me. Somehow, it worked out just right, they opened the candy, and I opened the bike jersey. Thanks Mike. I did have one smaller present, that Mike thought I ruined. He got me new lenses for my sunglasses. But really, it was Emma that opened the package.

I even had a present from my good friend Andrea when I got home. I got the cutest pumpkin decorations.

Oh, and by the way, Abbey had some great stories to tell me about my kids. She had to climb the tree to rescue Ashton (he climbs way to high!!). Oh, and they scolded Abbey for leaving the dining room light on while they went outside (You're to have to pay all your money for the lights) (Abbey! That's waaaay too much ketchup!) - maybe they do listen, just not follow. Finally, Emma had a tummy ache and needed to "relax".

My final birthday present I got on Tuesday. My request for no cake, just pumpkin cobbler was fulfilled by me. Oh how I love pumpkin this time of year. If you have any good pumpkin recipes, I want them.

7 comments:

Miss Pete said...

Happy Birthday!

Kikal said...

Happy Belated! I often find Daisy scolding other children with things I've told her to do/not to do a thousand times, but she never does :) Only 6 more weeks until we come to Utah!!!

Missy said...

Happy Belated Birthday!
Sorry I don't have any pumpkin recipes! I'm not a huge fan!

Cynthia said...

glad you're birthday was fun and abbey was able to take care of the kiddies (what would the office do without her babysitting offers?). i have a pretty good pumpkin milkshake/drink recipe, i'll have to give it to you at work.

Deborah said...

Looks like you had a fun birthday! I was starting to wonder where you were... you are one of my best commentators!

I think I have a good recipe for pumpkin bread. I'll have to go check.

The Jackson 3 said...

Happy Birthday

Karyn said...

Sounds like you had a good birthday. I am glad that I got to celebrate some with you!