Our weekend was mostly consumed by my triathlon. We planned on leaving by about 3:00 on Friday, but really left closer to 3:40; Mike ran late from work, and I wasn't packed, then the bike rack wasn't situated for the car, all these things added time. It was nice to be able to leave prior to 6:00 though. Due to Labor Day, Mike had an extra day off. He split it between Friday and Monday.
The drive to Bear Lake is approximately 3 hours, so we knew it would be long. The Honda has been having some issues, so we loaded everything it the car. For that reason, it was great to have the kids staying in Bountiful. Less camping stuff to pack.
We made it to Bountiful with little fan fair. We did hit some traffic leaving SLC and heading north. We dropped off the kids with Helene and headed to Bountiful Bicycle to pick up my bike rental. We spent probably 30 minutes in the shop and getting the bike situated. Then headed to Logan. Again we were in traffic, this time much worse. It was terrible from Bountiful to Brigham City. We also hit traffic near Logan. Lotoja (a bike race from Logan to Jackson Hole) was being held in Logan the next morning so it was busy for that. By the time we got to Logan it was 6:30 and I was starving, and we had another hour to Bear Lake. We drove around looking for some place to eat. We finally found a place that served pasta (Olive Garden was packed). We ate dinner (Mike had a crab burger and I had some pasta) and we left town. It was dark by the time we got to Bear Lake. We needed to be to the race area by 9:00 to make check in, we made it there at 8:45. It was interesting though, because they weren't prepared. They didn't have any lights, and seemed disorganized.
After I registered, we headed to find Melanie's camp site. Thanks Mel for letting us use some of your space.
We set up camp and then hung out. Melanie and Harold hadn't made it yet, but we chatted with Steve Gonzales for a bit. Once Mel's family made it we chatted and had some hot cocco. Then without much left to do, and it was getting chili, we headed into our tent. We talked for a while, and then I was ready for bed. Mike said I was asleep within about 2 minutes. I was lucky, that was the first time I slept well before a tri (the other times I have hardly slept).
The next morning I awoke to some other campers talking. It was a little before my alarm, but not bad. And as I said, I slept well. I got up and began my day. I found some breakfast, and brushed my hair, etc. About the time I was ready to go get marked up, Mike started moving in the tent. I'm glad he did. As I went to leave I found out my bike had a flat. Mike was my repair man.
I spent the next several hours dealing with race stuff. See the post below for the full race details. After the race, I watched Kristy and Mel finish. Then we went back to camp to clean up our stuff. As I left, my bike tire was flat, and I had to walk my bike back to the campsite (I was just glad it didn't go flat while on the course). While Mike finished cleaning up, he allowed me to go and shower. Then we went back to the Tri area to see if any results were posted, and to see if I could swap my shirt (the woman's medium was teeny!).
By about noon, we were on our way back to Bountiful to get our kids. We stopped in Logan to get some lunch. Our first stop in Bountiful was to return my bike. When we showed up to get the kids, they were so sad they cried. They wanted us to leave. We stuck around for maybe 30 minutes, then got our kids in the car and left.
Park City
Our next stop was Park City. My parents were up, and decided that we should come for a visit. It was Emma's birthday the following weekend, and they wanted to see her.
We got there at about 5:00. We went out to dinner at 6:00 (Cass and Nate came up too). The dinner was good, but it was sure slow to come out.
My mom told the waiter it was Emma's birthday and they came out and sang to her (with a Sombrero on her head - that made her nervous), and gave her a Sundae. She liked that part. Here we are each getting a turn with the Sombrero.
After dinner we went back to the condo. On the way there, we spotted a helicopter sitting in a parking lot. Mike stopped and took the kids over to check it out.
Once back at the condo, and my mom let Emma open her gift. She loved it.
Then we played some cards (Mike didn't last long and I sent him to hot tub with the kids and put them to bed). After our card game, Cass and Nate headed home. I hot tubed after the kids were in bed.
The next morning was pretty laid back. I made breakfast while my mom took my dad to the golf course. We got ready to leave the condo around 12:30. We hit some little fair on main street for lunch. And then Mike and I left the kids with my mom and we went and did the Alpine Coaster, and my mom took the kids back to the condo.
Before we left for the day, Emma got to have cake and ice cream for her birthday.

8 comments:
very cool. I like the pics of how you camp vs how they camp. Who needs a nice 5th wheel anyways right? congrats again on the race.
Way to go! I wish I could swim. And bike. And do business administration. You're awesome!
As an aside, it's funny to see the pictures of your family at the condo. I have some that are so similar.
Looks like you guys has a lot of fun!
I want to camp with Melanie! Hehe!
You're an animal with all the racing you've been doing!! Great job!!
Looks like it was a fun weekend!
I am proud of you for doing another triathlon. I wish that I was motivated to exercise like you do. I am glad that you were able to spend time with your family. I did miss Ashton in church though!
All your energy is amazing! send some my way. Your family is so supportive. How wonderful
Very cool post! You are amazing! The count down is now on for your birthday. Only another half hour from now! Hope it is a great one!
Just reading your blog is wearing me out woman! You are so busy having fun and being with family. That is awesome!
Post a Comment