Mike's dad has taught at CEU for 32 years (he just retired). He was honored at the 70th Alumni dinner with the "Upon Your Shoulders" award. Basically recognizing that the college wouldn't be what it was without you. He really did do a lot for their Early Childhood Development Program and the Elementary Education Department, he built it, and has supported it for over 30 years. That's just amazing.
When we got in town, Mike's dad was already at the dinner, he had to be there early. So, we talked with Mike's siblings, and then got ready for the dinner. We ran a little late as we were waiting for a babysitter to show up. It was so nice that Mike's mom arranged one for us (or should I say 3). They had 9 kids with the oldest being 9. They did a good job.
The night was okay, and the dinner was fine. It was nice to see Mike's dad rewarded for all of his hard work.
Sunday brought Emma's birthday. It was funny, she got up, and I got up to help her. I wished her a happy birthday, and then sent her back to her cousins. I then heard her say "it's my birthday, sing happy birthday to me". They were good cousins and did as she asked.
I don't know how many times we sung to her that day, but several. She loved it. We had her party at about 2:00 (so everyone could head home). She opened presents (Anson helped her read her cards), and then had cake and ice cream. Emma got dress-ups, a movie, a barbie, and umbrella, and a barbie peek-a-boo.
Happy birthday Emma. We love you so much!! I can't believe my baby is 4. She is so big and so smart. We are proud of you Emma, and so glad you are part of our family!!!

4 comments:
I remember taking classes from Dr Brown. He was great. CEU will be lost without him.
You and Mike must be very proud of your Dad (in-law) How fun thay Emma is 4. That is probably one of my favorite years. They are still darned cute but act a little more grown up in ways that make it more fun to have them around.
That's so fun to see. I glad they honored Uncle Phil. He definitely deserves it. He's such a great man! (and of course I love Aunt Janet!).
Im one who has benifitted from Phil Brown's career at CEU. He is a very nice man.
It must have been very memorable for him to be surprised like that.
Playing with cousins is so fun.
Post a Comment