We spent last Friday night camping up near Bountiful. Of course we went with some of our favorite people - Helene & Andrew (and their kids), and Bill (one of Mike's friends from high school) and his kids. Becca (Bill's wife) couldn't come because she's having a baby soon and is on bed rest.
It was supposed to be Mike's weekend off, we made plans based on that theory. But the girl Mike trades with had something, and asked if Mike could cover (mostly requested the weekend off with the boss and stuck Mike with it). So, he said he would work it, if he could come in on Friday (after he dropped Ashton off at school), and leave no later than 5:00, and come in Saturday by noon, and leave around 6:00. His boss didn't want to have to work, so agreed.
I picked up Emma from the sitter around 11:00, and went home to work on some things till Ashton got done with kindergarten. Can I just tell you that we have had some really bad luck with work stuff!!! I spent the rest of the afternoon, working on issues with work. I was trying to pack, but I was rapidly loosing my battle. Mike was able to come home early, and help me pack.
We headed to Bountiful, and meet up with the group at Helene and Andrew's house. We gathered together and headed up the mountain. We went above the "B" in bountiful. It was really pretty, and nice that it was so close to civilization. We had planned to only go up the road for 20 or 30 minutes, but all the camping spot close were gone, and it was probably an hour before we found a spot to camp. Once there, the men set up camp and we got dinner ready. Helene had made dinner at home (lasagna) and brought it up with us. Mike and I were in charge of bread and Bill brought drinks. Dinner tasted so good (we were all so hungry).
Then we made smores. I think all of us brought stuff for it. The kids had a great time, and loved eating all of the treats (Bill brought peanut butter cups). The boys had a great time playing with light sabers (star wars) and all the kids enjoyed having Molly be their best friend (especially the girls and Daniel). Ashton kept getting in trouble for playing with fire.

4 comments:
Everything tastes so much better when you camping, don't you think? What a great idea to bring peanut butter cups for Smores. Thanks for sharing it. What fun! I like the new look of your blog by the way! Or wait. I think Tim fixed my computer recently so I can see things on peoples blogs I couldn't before so if it isn't new...I like your blog!
Hey way to maximize the last of the awesome Fall weather- even if it was short and sweet. They do say work is a 4 letter word right?
If your jackets smelled like smoke then you were there long enough. It seems kids are always so happy to get out like that.
Yes, your blog is looking very fancy and I love the pictures of the kids on the right side. A dinosaur for a prop, and what an expression!
What a fun trip, I'm jealous!
Post a Comment