Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Time Consuming

Here are some of the things that have been consuming my time lately.

Olympics
I know some of you have been spending as much time in front of the TV lately as I have (thanks Melinda). But we have spent an unreal amount of time watching the Olympics, but how can you not. I have loved it. Gymnastics is one of my favorites (of course), but I also enjoy watching track and field events (Mike doesn't), and swimming was just awesome this year. Diving was interesting, and then we caught pieces of so many other things: rowing, badminton, horseback riding, trampoline, rhythmic gymnastics, cycling, marathon, and tennis. I really enjoyed it, but like the others I've talked to, it is nice to get to bed at a reasonable hour.

Twilight
In the middle of the Olympics I also took to reading Breaking Dawn, the last book in the Twilight series. Good thing it only took me a couple of days. I had intended to read at least book 3 before reading this book, but I just didn't have time. I do have some issues with the book (like the section written in Jacob's voice), and a few other things (I'll leave it at that for now as not to spoil it). But I did enjoy it, and hope to read the whole series through again sometime soon.

Lost Tooth
Ashton lost another tooth the week before school started (last week). I was out visiting teaching, and I think he was just playing with it, or pulled it, but whatever he did, he got it out. Now he has lost his two bottom teeth, both before he started kindergarten. It's an interesting thing to have kids start loosing there teeth, they really start to look old.

Wedding Photos
As I was getting ready to do an anniversary blog, I thought, boy I really need to get my wedding pictures loaded on my computer - wish I had a scanner. Mike suggested I take them to the store and have them scanned on a disk - great idea, someone else can do the dirty work. So, I went looking for my wedding photo book, and I CAN'T FIND IT! Our house still isn't put together after the flood we had last Labor Day weekend. But I searched through all of the places that I think that I would have stored them, and I can't find the book. I can't even remember the last time I saw that book. That's a bad sign. Here is a picture I had at work. Besides a great big one on the wall, this is all I can find. I can find the negatives (Mike worked at a photo shop when we got married and we picked a photographer that would give us the negatives), so I guess if I got desperate, I could have all of the negatives printed again. What a pain. I know if I spend the money to have the negatives printed, I'll end up finding them. I guess we'll try and clean things the next few months.



Date Night
I can't even remember when it was, but Mike and I each took one child out for a date (on the same night). Mike took Ashton and I took Emma. Mike took Ashton to the new Star Wars movie - Clone Wars, and Emma and I went swimming. Emma and I had planned to go to the Lehi Legacy Center and enjoy the indoor play area, but they were cleaning the children's pool area. So, we went to the AF Rec Center. It wasn't bad, and we seemed to have a good time. We stopped for ice cream on the way home, so no complaints. We really should do that more often.

Triathlon Training
I am still training for my third and final triathlon. It is the weekend after Labor Day up at Bear Lake - The Bear Lake Brawl. I have had a sinus infection this week, and haven't really exercised, so I hope things go okay. But up until this week I had been really good with my training - doing cardio 5 days a week.

8 comments:

Missy said...

That's a great idea to have date night each with a kid. We'll have to do that.
Sad about your wedding pictures! We lost many of Shawn's mission pictures after we put them in our wedding video...that's a bummer!

The Jackson 3 said...

Happy Anniversary. Everytime you blog about yours it makes me remember I need to by a gift for mine..... Thanks for the annual reminder and once again congrats. Such a cute family

Nate said...

happy Anniversary! you guys look so young in that wedding pic! That realy sucks about the wedding pics!
you are realy an insparation for all of your training. I need to get in shape, but can't find the modivation, do you have any tips?

Kikal said...

You are such a motivation with all of your training! Blog some pictures of your tri. I am planning a crazy family 5k for when we are there for Christmas - you must do it with us!

Kikal said...

You are such a motivation with all of your training! Blog some pictures of your tri. I am planning a crazy family 5k for when we are there for Christmas - you must do it with us!

Melinda said...

Okay, so we are much the same, except for that Triathlon craziness. I'm glad I'm not the only one who disappeared for a while! I would love to say you're inspiring, but alas, all I do is still walk around the neighborhood.

Andrea - said...

Talk about busy! I think I'm tired just from reading about what you are up to these days... :)

Joe and Julianne said...

Love the wedding picture. Good luck on your triatholon that is amazing!!! Let me know when you are in town again and hopefully we can get together.