Tuesday, August 26, 2008

First Day of School

Emma had her first day of school last week - preschool. She loved it. Mike got her ready, took her and picked her up. He was also tasked with getting her ready. This switch to waking up early has been the hardest for Emma. She goes to bed at the same time as Ashton (because it's too much of a fight to put her to bed earlier), but she still needs more sleep. Mike said he was able to get her out of bed by reminding her that she had preschool. Miss Janae is really nice. And Emma seems to like her as well. This is going to be a great year for the kids.

Emma walking to school

Emma's first day of school

Ashton had his first day of Kindergarten on Monday. Because Mike had to work, I took a half day of vacation. So, I got Ashton up and ready for Kindergarten. I drove over to the school (since that is how Mike will be getting him there each day). I thought that I wouldn't be the crazy mom that I wanted to be and I would just pull up and let him out. His preschool teacher made us do that last year, and it was helpful this year. When I let him out, he booked it for the door, but wasn't used to finding his class from the outside of the building, and ran in the wrong door (he wasn't nervous about his first day of Kindergarten). So, I pulled over and went in to find him and make sure he made it to his class, but he was lost. I couldn't find him in any of the classrooms. I think he went in the wrong class, came out to the playground and then made his way to his right class. By the time I came out of the building, and hadn't found him, the teachers aid came and told me she had found him. He was at the door (the door was locked) and she asked him if he was Ashton, and he said yeah. After that, I wanted to make sure I was one of the first moms to pick him up.

Ashton's first day of school

Ashton running to Kindergarten

So, the pick-up went much better, I was one of the first moms there, and he came running supper fast to me. He told me he had a good day at school. He had on a crown on. Each child got to be a king or a queen. He also brought home a treat with questions that we as parents could ask the kids. Miss Lemmon is a great teacher.

Ashton running out of Kindergarten (it's the only picture I got, he was running so fast)

Ashton and his King crown

This is going to be a fun year for both kids.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Sounds like an exciting first day all right. Glad they are both so happy with school. That is so important.

Missy said...

Sad he got lost!! But it's good it all worked out!

Deborah said...

How cute!

All of the sudden your kids seem so big and grown up!