Monday, August 25, 2008

Happy Anniversary

Mike and I celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary on August 21. Well, that was our 11th anniversary, I guess we celebrated it over the weekend. Mike told me on Tuesday or Wednesday of last week to get a babysitter for Friday night from 6-11:00. I was trying to decide if he was serious (that late?) but he was. So, I went to work trying to find one. I was not having any luck and decided to try a contact outside of the ward. After several phone calls to her, I finally was able to talk to her, and she agreed to babysit.

When Friday came, Mike wasn't feeling well that morning. But by afternoon he got out of bed and was committed to making the evening nice. In the end his plans fell through (his plans were a surprise until after we left). But I was so enthused that he was trying to surprise me. I guess that Sundance has started their plays again, and he had been able to get some free tickets to A Midsummer Night's Dream through Marriott. He had planned to take me. He thought the tickets were for Friday night - in the end they were for Thursday night. Oh well, thanks Mike for thinking of me (I'd given him a hard time lately for not taking me to enjoy the arts).

So, instead we went to dinner at the Macaroni Grill and then bummed around for a few hours. There were no good movies out.

On Saturday we had an early morning. Ashton's soccer game was at 8:00. I made Mike take the kids and I went on a bike ride and a run (in triathlon lingo, that's called a brick). Once home, we slowly got ready for the day, and got packed to go to Park City for the usual. Thanks mom and dad for letting us use the condo.

We got to the condo at 1:00, and had lunch. The original plan was then to go shopping, but we were both tired, and decided to take a nap instead. In the end, Mike was the only one who got to nap. I got to rest and be in charge of the kids. I finally got Mike up at 5:00 and we left shortly after that to hit the Alpine Slide. We had a race with boys against girls - the boys smoked us (but I'm sure it's because they are heavier than us!!). We had a great time, and the kids loved it too. Next was dinner at Baja. We had a long wait, and the food took a while too, but it was delicious food. I love to eat there.

Once back at the condo I sent Mike and the kids to the hot tub. I was to warm, full, and grumpy. But the next morning the kids and I got in the hot tub.


We had lunch at Wasatch Brewing Company and then did our shopping at the outlets. That night we cooked dinner at the condo before heading home (Emma fell asleep just before dinner). We had a great time!!!

Happy Anniversary to us!!!

2 comments:

Sonja said...

Happy Anniversary.
You guys have been married longer than Jed and I. We just had our 10th in June

Melinda said...

Congrats on 11!