Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Meet Your Teacher

This last week each of my kids got a chance to meet their teacher and see their classroom that they will have this upcoming year. On Tuesday we went to check out Emma's preschool. I feel blessed to have found a preschool for Emma. I thought I had taken care of preschool stuff several months ago. But, as we got closer to the school year, my phone calls were never returned. So, I had to start trying again. I was able to get into a preschool that was full when I called earlier (someone was moving). The funny thing is, that when we went to find the preschool, it is within walking distance of the house. Our ward ends within two houses of our home, so I was not aware of a preschool so close to home. With it being so close, it will really be nice (in fact Mike walked Emma there yesterday).


There will be 10 kids in Emma's preschool class, of those kids, 8 are girls and 2 are boys. I think it will be really fun for her. She really likes to have friends, and being with other girls will be good for her. It was interesting to see what the teacher planned on teaching Emma's class this year - she knows most of it. I think she will be doing the stuff for the older class, but it doesn't bother me. I mostly wanted her in preschool so that she could have something to look forward to.

On Friday, Ashton got to go the the elementary school and meet his new teacher. Before I did that, I went and sat at the PTA table to help get memberships. Ashton and Emma got to go meet his teacher. This is the first time she will be a teacher, but she is really cute, nice, and seems well prepared. I think Ashton will have a great year. We did a scavenger hunt around the classroom, she took Ashton's picture, sent us home with some things to do, and gave the parent and the child a treat.


This is going to be an exciting and interesting year for our family. I can't believe my kids are this old. But it is great, life is great. We're looking forward to this year.

4 comments:

Emily said...

I think Ellie and Ashton have the same teacher. Ellie is in afternoon though. I think she will be a really good teacher for Ellie.

Kristin said...

Your son is going into Kindergarten too? His teacher sounds awesome!

Melinda said...

So awesome that you got everything worked out with preschool!

Deborah said...

That is cool that you found a preschool close to home.

Kids grow so fast, don't they?