Mike came home surprisingly early on Friday. Because it was a surprise, I didn't have anything planned for that night. We mostly watched the Olympic Opening Ceremonies. It has been fun watching the Olympics this week.
On Saturday, Ashton had a soccer game at 9:00. I got the kids up and worked hard to get them ready and out the door on time. I used to be that we had to leave early (before 8:00) lots of mornings, and it wasn't a big deal, that's not the case any more.
Anyway, the soccer game was fun. Ashton was doing a good job getting in the game, he was doing a lot of falling, but he was doing well. Then he took a spill on the ball in a crowded area, and while a child was trying to kick the ball, they kicked Ashton in the face. He has a nice shiner to show for it, and a scrap. He did cry, but I was able to get him back in the game to play goalie. He made two stops and let two balls in. He did a great job.
I spent most of the rest of the day cleaning the house. Not my favorite thing, but necessary. Mike got home that night and wanted to do something as well, but I was unable to get a babysitter.
The last big news for the week is that Ashton got his kindergarten letter. He has morning kindergarten and his teacher is Mrs. Lemmon. Emma will be starting preschool soon as well. So, it will be an interesting year for my kids. In fact we are going to meet Emma's preschool teacher today. Not to mention I'm on the PTA, so we'll see how this year goes - busy as usual.

No comments:
Post a Comment