Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Things that Don't Deserve There Own Blog

I've been so busy and there have been things that have been going on that probably should be mentioned on my blog, but have not. I figure I will do one large post that talks about several things that have happened but that I don't have time to dedicate an entire blog to each one. Here it goes.

UVU
On July 1, 2008 Utah Valley State College became Utah Valley University - UVU. Not a whole lot has changed in my day to day life because of it. There are some reports (almost all of our reports) that will need to be changed to reflect the count of graduate students, but nothing that can't be dealt with. We also got a new library. I was able to get a personal tour from Deborah (thank you very much by the way). And was able to be there for the ribbon cutting when President Thomas S. Monson gave the dedicatory prayer.

Movies
We took the kids to see Kung Fu Panda and WallE. Both movies were okay. I actually think I liked Kung Fu Panda better. Although there is some boy humor in it, I think it sent a better message than WallE. WallE's message is all environmental. Where Kung Fu Panda's message is all about being happy with you; knowing that you're special because of what's inside you.

Exercise & Training
One of the reasons I have been busy is because I have still be exercising and training 4 or 5 days a week. I plan to do the Scofield Triathlon this weekend.

Debate Reunion
I had mentioned in another post that my parents were in town for less than 24 hours. They came in town so that my dad could come to an Orem High School Debate Reunion. My dad was the Orem High Debate Coach for 12 or 13 years (his last year was 1988/1989). They did their first debate reunion in 2000 (I was out of town) this is only the second one they've had. I think they plan to do one again in 2010. There wasn't a lot of attendance, but it was interesting to go. It's funny, because my dad was so young when he first became a debate coach, he is still friends with some of his students years later.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

I am glad you said what you did about Kung-Fu Panda and Wall*E. I havn't seen either yet, but I am far more excited to see Kung Fu than Wall*E just from the buzz I have been getting.

Jewel said...

Yeah thanks for the movie reviews. We have been thinking about seeing both. Good ol' family movies.