Saturday, July 26, 2008

The Cast is Off

Emma got her cast off on Tuesday. It would have been Friday, July 25 for it to be the full 4 weeks. The doctor had said - 3 1/2 to 4 weeks. I wasn't really trying for 3 1/2 but with the 24th of July I thought I would get it taken off early. I tried to have the doctor take it off on Wednesday, but he was out of the office, so it was Tuesday.

Mike took Emma. They used a saw to cut it off, and she got to keep her pink cast. He said the muscles were weak and that she needed to be careful. But here she is - our girl with no cast.


Last picture with cast


Here comes the saw


Cutting the padding underneath the cast


Emma really was a good sport about it, and it went by much quicker than I thought it would. You're a tough girl Emma, way to go!!!

4 comments:

Missy said...

Freedom!! That sure wasn't long...or it didn't seem long to me! Glad everything healed all right!

Cynthia said...

What a brave girl! I'm sure she feels so free!

Kristin said...

I remember when I had a cast on my arm as a little girl and how it felt to take off. My arm felt sooooo light. It was freaky. Good for her for being so tough.

Honey Mommy said...

Wow! That was really fast.

I never had a cast when I was growing up... and I secretly wanted one. Now that I am an adult (mostly) I know that I would NOT have enjoyed it.