Bunco
So, Emily organized a Bunco group in the ward and we had our first get together in Feb. It was on a Tuesday night and we had lots of fun. She provided dinner, and then we played the game (it's a game with dice). At the end everyone got to go home with a prize. It was really fun and I am looking forward to it next month.
Bowling with the Girls
It's not really new, but it was something enjoyable. Several of us really needed some time out of the house, so the old presidency got together again, and decided to have some fun. We went Bowling. You can read about it on Melinda's blog. We had a blast and it was great to get out. I needed it!!!
Curlers
I put Emma's hair in curlers for the first time Saturday night, so she could have curly hair for church. I never know with Emma. Sometimes the thought of being pretty just isn't worth it to her, and yet sometimes, it is so appealing. She was in fact, excited to have curlers in her hair (can you tell)?
Some of her hair I didn't roll tight enough, so the curl wasn't even. I decided to put her hair in ponytails so that you could see the curl, but not really tell that it wasn't even. Anyway, Emma was happy, and I am willing to try it again.
Haircut
On President's Day Helene and the kids came to visit. Helene was nice enough to cut and color my hair that day. I was looking for something different (I feel like I've had the same hairdo since High School). So, I cut it off. I like having something different, and I know it will grow out. So, for now it's fun. After we fed the kids lunch, we went and played at the Kangaroo Zoo. It was busy, but fun. The kids had a great time. Daniel was tired, and was mostly sad, can you tell?
Job/Company/Hotel
Mike started his new job last month. He is loving it, and it is keeping him really busy. On Thursday of last week we got to go out to eat at Sundance with several people in his new company (including the owner's). They are really nice, and I think that Mike has found a really good company to work for. And over the weekend, we also go to stay at the new hotel. They've had contractors at the hotel most weekends working. But most of the work is done, so the owner's didn't want the hotel empty all weekend long, so we were told we could come stay. So, we did. The kids loved it. We ate dinner at the Thanksgiving Point Deli, had two rooms in the hotel, and had a great time. We stayed Saturday into Sunday, so the kids and I left Mike and went to church. He stayed and cleaned our rooms, and played security guard at the hotel.
Skiing
Before we stayed at the hotel, we spent Saturday skiing. It's probably the last time we will get to ski together this season. Mike will be working tons and be moving to a new schedule. Right now it looks like he may be working every Saturday. So, we'll just have to see how it goes. But it was a great day skiing. The sun was out while we were in the mountains, and we came home with a sun burn. We found some great powder in Honey Comb Canyon. All in all it was a great day. And honestly a busy day at Solitude just isn't busy (no lines!!!).
Triathlon
I've been going to the AF Rec center two nights a week because I've been training for a triathlon. I registered earlier this month, so I guess there's no getting out of it. We've (two ladies in the ward) been going swimming twice a week, but swimming is my strongest event (it's only 300 yards), so I've been swimming once a week and running the other night (for the last two weeks). I think we are also going to run a 5k in March to force us to be ready for the run. Crazy, but sometimes you need something big to motivate you to exercise. Hopefully it works.
So, that's our busy life. Hopefully we make it through March. Mike's hotel opens on March 6 - it will be good to make it to that point.

6 comments:
You're CRAZY to do a triatholan! You go girl!
You're hair looks really cute too! Fun for a change, huh?
So many things to say....
First of all, I LOVE your hair cut and have been thinking of doing something similar ever since Miriam had hers cut. I too look just like I did in high school! No, that's not true, JUST my hair looks like it did in high school (my bum is much larger).
Second of all, Yahoo on the triathlon!
Third, congratulations to Mike
Fourth, I saw Helen at the South Davis Rec Center but didn't' get to talk to her long because her daughter was in dancing and Miriam was off to swimming.
I guess that's all!
You go girl! Good luck in the triatholan.
Hair looks cute. Both you and Emma.
Tell Mike Congrates on the job.
Love all the cute hair! And I'm beyond impressed about the triathlon. Also, you failed to mention that you won each game of bowling...yep, you rule!
Cute hair to the both of you!
Andrea,
You amaze me with how busy you stay all the time. How do you do SO MUCH fun stuff? With a job and kids? I stay at home with my kids and my life is nowhere near the adventure yours is. I am not sure I could handle it if it was.
Cute hair! Good luck on the triathalon.
Post a Comment